G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2.5L turbo chrslyer
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:19 am 
Fieronut

If you know anyone looking, my father has a 2.5L turbo from a 89 dodge Lancer. Has one bent valve because previous owner bypassed the auto boost control with a manual valve. Other then that the motor was running (on three cylinders) when pulled out of the car. Has the Mitsubishi turbo & second head to go with the engine & ECM too I believe.

Along with a lot of other dodge shadow parts, has two shadow ES wings.

8-)

Post subject: Re: 2.5L turbo chrslyer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:33 am 
Single again

Adam,
Does your father have a price in mind for said engine, turbo, PCM and spare head? I know a Chrysler guy and would like to pass this on.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:39 am 

hi there...... *lunatic*? is there a *fringe* to go with that? :lol:

this is Steve, Adam's dad,

the engine is a Turbo I, when I pulled it from the car it was running on three cylinders, burned no oil but #3 exhaust valve is burned so that cylinder is *going along for the ride*, it's been sitting on an engine stand for three years now, was thinking of purchasing a set of Turbo exhaust valves to ensure that they all would be good.

I do have a spare *287* head and had the intentions of pulling the top end off and doing what was necessary to get the engine running again properly, had thought about dropping it into a recent '91 Shadow purchase but more than likely THAT car will see a 3L mits engine. If it's wanted I don't mind parting with it, I don't mind assisting in the teardown & servicing to get it running again. The turbo still spins freely, the wastegate has since seized in it's bushings in the exhaust manifold but that's easily freed up. It's a complete engine, all accessories still bolted onto it. Being an 89 it has the 2 1/2" dia. exh. flange.

I have an '89 engine controller as well (SMEC), pretty sure it's the OEM #5249017 9lbs boost T1 controller, the sticker tag is unreadable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:29 pm 
Single again

55trucker wrote:
hi there...... *lunatic*? is there a *fringe* to go with that? :lol:

No fringing here. Just a guy that likes to build things and add a touch of lunacy when needed.

I'll pass this on to my Chryco guy but you missed one question that I asked, how much are you asking for said 2.5 complete, as-is?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFVMMCwsss&feature=kp :D :D :D

Really haven't given it any sort of thought, my plans were to service the engine first, .......let it go as it is?

talk to your friend, if he's savvy on these he will know what the engine is worth in it's present state, it has approx 130,000 miles on it, the engine controller it's yours for $50.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 pm 
Fieronut

55trucker wrote:

Really haven't given it any sort of thought, my plans were to service the engine first,

:shock: :? :roll:

55trucker wrote:
let it go as it is?

YES! :D :geek: :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]