G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:07 am 
Addict

July 14th at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. GM cars only of any vintage. I'm planning on attending, if I can get my car oil-leak free in time ;) .

The Wills Family GM Heritage Car Show

http://www.willschevrolet.com/item/the-wills-family-gm-heritage-car-show-at-the-canadian-warplane-heritage-museum.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32 pm 
Guru

hmmm, might go to this one if I can!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 pm 
Fieronut

Damn, that's the same day as Classics on Kent. :(

http://www.classicsonkent.com/classics/Home.html

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:18 pm 
Guru

x-thumpr-x wrote:

maybe sat evening portion in Lindsay...hmmm...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:56 pm 
Fieronut

OHNIKO wrote:
x-thumpr-x wrote:

maybe sat evening portion in Lindsay...hmmm...

Nahh, I'm manual, don't do well in parade's. ;)

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:33 pm 
Guru

ok, just registered for the hamiton air museum event; plan to go with my little monkey; not the bear :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 pm 
Addict

Always wanted to go to the warplane museum, so I'm going to try to attend this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:27 pm 
Addict

Same here, never been and always wanted to go.

My brother is coming to meet us too I think, for the price of regular admission they get a car show and museum admission.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:41 am 
Addict

Just checked on facebook and they now have over 200 cars pre-registered... plus they're expecting more the day of the show.

Anyone else going?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:03 pm 
Fieronut

So, who all went to this show? We had 5 turn out for the Lindsay show.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:04 am 
Addict

I was there, although I was a little late arriving just before 10:00 I got stuck near the entrance, out of photo range of the mojority of the group shots because I was off to the side :(

I know Niko was there, I saw his car but didn't get to see him. Then there was a white notchy, a dark red fastback GT and a pretty nice/mint black 85 GT with some pinstriping painted on it. I was in awe when I saw that car - I thought mine had low miles :shock:

Over 400 cars in total. It was a pretty good showing, but my wife thought she enjoyed the cruise night more because there was the chance to see different stuff. Here it was all GM so it eas a bit repetitive for her. I don't think the heat and sun helped her though. It was a HOT one!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:40 pm 
Guru

x-thumpr-x wrote:
So, who all went to this show? We had 5 turn out for the Lindsay show.

hey Adam,

got yr msg 2 late...was a good show, hot though, and entering was abit long & unorganized. Great setting though, some neat rides, Ryan fiero2m8 & I arrived & parked 2gether.
got some good shots with the aircraft, over 120 of the cars were various vettes of all yrs/trim. some unique vehicles and an air horn much louder than yours; scared the crap out of about 50 people when he laid on it! the bass was rone battling!
got relief touring the hangars & gift shop....but a lot of people left by early afternoon, was a scorcher on the tarmac...will post pics...sometime, lol.

do tell & show about the Lindsay show, would like to hit that one up next....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 pm 
Addict

I heard that entering the show was a bit of an event. I guess I was lucky I got there at about 10 and there was about 10 or 15 or so cars infront of me and maybe 5 behind. When I parked and stood up I heard the guys say "I think that's about it finally". I didn't realise that some people were lined up for over an hour and I was at the tail end of people coming in. I just thought maybe I was one of the last registered to enter, not the end of the original line.

I forgot about the 2M8. My bro was fascinated with that car. That would make 6 of us Fieros total that I recall.

I wanted to get a pic with the planes but my timing wasn't right and by the time we were done walking around my wife was dead tired suffering from the heat and the line had grew pretty long - I think most people were trying to get a picture right before leaving. We left the show around 2 - was surprised when we went inside to see the planes for some shade and when we came back out it seemed like about a third of the show had left.

I forgot my camera and I didn't even take my phone out to take a photo :roll: :oops: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:27 pm 
Fieronut

You guys had 6 we had 5 so that 11 cars representing that day 8-) I've seen some shots from one of the mini truckers who attended your show and only saw 1 Fiero in it, looks like an 87 Fastback GT. I can just imagine the heat you guy had there. We had the same thing in Lindsay and some people who arrived real early around 7am, where leaving by 11am. :shock: We got a lucky spot parking beside 3 Corvairs and in front of the park with a lot of trees for nice shade all day. I just got pics from the show photographer (dad again) load them up on the computer then try to get some shots online for viewing. Working on my website to start hosting them, but having issues. :ugeek:

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 pm 

Hi everyone - thank you for joining us if you made it. It was a fantastic turnout (489 total). We've discussed changes for next time to streamline gate entrance; I know it was chaotic. :o There were 200 cars that showed up that I didn't have on my list, so we (myself, the museum, and the Ancaster Optimist Club) were not prepared for that many cars to come. It was an awesome event and was a huge success for the museum.

Unfortunately, we were not in control of the gate (was the Ancaster Optimist's job) so I apologize - I had no idea what was going on until the end of the day and I was quite busy with the registration table. ;)

I do hope you all enjoyed yourselves! If anyone is on the car show newsletter I send out, I'll be emailing a link to photos in a few days. If you'd like to be put on it please email me: sarahwills@willschevrolet.com

:mrgreen: