G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm 
Addict

I can never plan on attending anything, if I'm not working I may come and check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:47 pm 
Single again

Went out to my driveway, there's no Fiero out there, found out on Tuesday the water pump was leaking, so have to wait for a new one to arrive :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:53 pm 
Fieronut

Just received this email from Paul Parsons (motorfest)

* Registration will open at 8:00am on Saturday morning. As you have pre-registered, you need only to come to the area of the registration booth marked 'pre-registration' to pick-up your completed dash card, free lunch coupon and door prize ticket.
* Entrance to the show is through the main entrance of TEVA off Main Street, Stouffville. It will be marked as Gate 'A'. There are excellent directions available at the motorfest.ca website. In addition, I've attached a Google map from the TEVA website. http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q= ... =UTF8&z=15. Should you not wish to park your vehicle on grass, paved parking lots are available. They are accessed by turning South on Sandiford Drive (at the McDonald's) and will be marked Gate 'B' or 'C.' These paved lots are also the site of the Registration tent, our stage and some of our sponsors booths. Upon arrival at one of our gates, you will be greeted by a Motorfest 2013 volunteer and directed to your parking location. Please follow their instructions.
* If anyone has special needs for the show, please do not hesitate to let us know. For those bringing your vehicles by trailer, we have a special parking area reserved for the trailer and tender vehicle. This parking area will be marked as Gate 'D' and will be located south on Sandiford Drive off Main St. (turn south at the McDonald's). Please do not take your trailer into the main entrance off Main St.
* Due to the size of our show, we are unable to 'hold' parking spots on the grass for friends or colleagues. Should you wish to park with another vehicle or group of vehicles, please assemble in a nearby parking lot and enter the show together. This will ensure you will be parked as close together as possible. There are plenty of parking lots along Main St. that can be used for this purpose.
* Available again this year is a Stouffville Motorfest 2013 dash plaque. They are available at the registration desk, for the 1st 1,000 driver's. We would ask that all driver's wanting a dash plaque, please make a donation to our charity, Teen Challenge.
* We have many excellent prizes to give away and expect the live draw to start at 2:00pm on the stage. There will also be silent drawing of door prizes and the winning numbers will be written on a sign board and posted near the stage / registration tent. Please check, starting at 12 noon.
* Free lunch coupons will be limited to 1 per vehicle. Food and drinks can be purchased, however, throughout the hours of the show.
* There is no attendance fee for bringing your vehicle to Motorfest 2013. We hope you enjoy the show and have a great time. Please remember that our show is in support of Teen Challenge (Women's Centre). All proceeds raised from personal donations, sponsors contributions, etc. go to this worthwhile cause. For more information on Teen Challenge, here is a link to their website; http://www.tcgta.org/. Should you wish to make a donation, collection bins will be available at the registration tent and at the Teen Challenge booth. We hope you can give generously and we truly appreciate your support. Tax receipts are available. Please ask for more information.
* At the show, please join us in thanking all of our sponsors who have helped fund our event and generously supported Teen Challenge. Without them, our show would not be as good as we think it will be! To preview the sponsors, here is the link to our web-site which lists them all; http://www.motorfest.ca/sponsors.htm.
Finally, our thanks to you for coming to our show. Again, we hope you have a great time, find a way to make a donation, win some great prizes and enjoy some great vehicles on a nice day.
Any questions, please let us know.

On behalf of all the volunteers of Stouffville Motorfest 2013,
Paul Parsons.
Registration Coordinator.

From what I've read, the entrance will be the from Main St unless you want to park on pavement. If it's sunny, I was planning on bring my tent with me for shade. Cant guarantee a spot under the trees.

8-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:39 pm 
Guru

BigB wrote:
Thanks for the email link. No-go this year, will be in Cyprus ... yes the Cyprus which is 80 miles off the coast of Syria :shock:

Have fun!

bring a slingshot & carry a pocket full of rocks; ya might need them!

jk, Cyprus is a beautiful place as long as ya stay on the Greek-Cypriot side, that is :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 pm 
Addict

We're going to see both. My Dad grew up on what is now the Turkish side so we'll start out on Greek, then explore across the border. His father (my grandfather) was an English engineer working the mines in the 30's before the island split.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:26 am 
Addict

As of right now I'm a tentative for this. I would really like to make the trek down for it - it's just a bad day schedule wise and I'm not sure yet if I can fit it in. I'll update when I know for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:04 pm 
Fieronut

My GT has had it's last wash for the season I think, all cleaned up and ready for tomorrow. Thought about washing it first thing in the morning but it's only going to be 5* Celsius :o Everybody dress warm for the morning, afternoon is supposed to be around 17*Celsius & sunny. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:25 pm 
Addict

With that weather forecast, its a good thing I bypassed my heatercore :?
Car is together, but I need to give it a bit of a clean in the morning, and re-check my front passenger side bolts.. Somethig was making some clunking a bit. I'm guessing my rod end is loose a bit.

See y'all in the morning.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:04 am 
Addict

We had a very long day yesterday, but my wife just woke me up to see if I wanted to go to the car show I told her about. Needless to say I was a little surprised, but I'll take it LOL.

We'll be hitting the road in about a half hour to meet up with you guys at 8.we have about a 1.5 hr drive ahead of us, hopefully we make it in one piece.

I haven't had any prep time with the car. I'm going to throw a couple of cleaning supplies in my trunk, does anyone know of a local car wash where I can give it a really quick wash and wipe it down after when I roll into town?

Sorry, my wife defended her thesis yesterday and I didn't have any prep time, or even know of we'd be coming until right now... I'm not super concerned about a cleaning if time doesn't permit, I would just like to if I can somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:14 am 
Fieronut

I'm up too, there is supposedly a few car washes in Stouffville.

http://www.yelp.ca/search?cflt=carwash& ... ille%2C+ON

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Gear ... 2820524345

Not too sure if they have do it yourself bays though. One of them is just south of the timmies we are meeting at.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 am 
Fieronut

don't forget your chair! 8-)

8-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:46 am 
Addict

Early morning breakky then on the road.. will possibly stop on the way to adjust that loose nut/bolt - but maybe not till I'm there.
I'm keeping my chair packed in the car - since it's going to be a summer/show car only, it can stay there.

I was hoping for a little frost/dew on the car so I could easily wipe it off and make it look like I washed it :) Oh well - I'm with ya Ryan, clean if time/necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:01 am 
Addict

Ok we're on the 401. Minor setback under control. Probably gonna be about fifteen minutes late. Will update of anything changes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:13 am 
Fieronut

Five of us are here, waiting for other four to arrive. B-)

8-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:30 pm 
Fieronut

good turn out today, 6 cars from members & one non member who parked in the back:

myself
dorai
85gt
Ry86GT
Ian (silver fox, finally registered 8-) )
sargeants

Notch8 came to hang out, Vortecfiero made an appearance & another fiero owner who had their other ride at the show.

Car that stood out to me was a 1913 Model T Ford. Looked like it just rolled out of the factory and it comes stock with 30" rims. All you guys who "donk" their cars, Ford was doing it over 100 years ago! :lol:

8-)