G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:55 pm 
Fieronut

Centennial College Annual Auto Show has returned for the 2014 season. There was no 2013 show while campus was going through an expansion phase. It's no complete and the show is back. It's short notice but it is this Sunday June 1st from 9am to 4pm. Vehicle entry fee is only $10 nad this show normally has great door prizes being an Automotive College. ;) I plan on being there between 9-9:30am. Sunday morning is my grocery day so going really early before the show this weekend.

Who else can make it out? Old parking lot has been decreased with the college expansion, so I don't know how many spaces they have now, suggest getting there early if you can.

Local website: http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story ... and-shine/

Scarborough Mirror

Centennial College is hosting its annual Show and Shine auto show on Sunday, June 5, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at its Ashtonbee Campus, 75 Ashtonbee Rd.

The public is invited to show off their vintage, custom, and tuner vehicles and local car dealers will be showcasing their new models.

Auto experts will be on hand to offer free mechanical assessments and market evaluations of vehicles as well.

Vehicle exhibitors must pay $10.

Everyone is welcome to attend, and admission is free for those coming to look at the cars.

For information on exhibiting your vehicle, contact John Mifsud at 416-289-5000, ext. 7332 or at jmifsud@centennialcollege.ca

8-)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:02 am 
Addict

The write up says June 05th. which is a Thursday and not Sunday 01st. Is that a typo?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:38 pm 
Fieronut

dorai wrote:
The write up says June 05th. which is a Thursday and not Sunday 01st. Is that a typo?

Actually NO, just found out that link is to the 2011 show, here's an email I got from one college for 2014 show.

Greetings to all,
It’s just one week to go for Centennial College’s Show & Shine, check your calendar as it should be marked, if not do it now. Today was a nice hot day. By now you should have had your vehicle washed and waxed. An oil change and a tune-up would also be a good idea. If you did not get a chance today, tomorrow promises to be another fine day. So get out there and treat that car, truck, or motorcycle right, the way it should be. That way you will have an enjoyable ride to the show.
In a week, that’s June 1st. , we expect to see you. The show starts at 9:00 am and finishes at 4:00.
Spectators are free to come out and look at the beautiful cars, trucks and motorcycles. To enter your vehicle only costs $10.00, it’s a bargain for what you get.
•    Show vehicle entry
•    T-shirt to first 100 entrants
•    BBQ lunch with drink
•    Loot bag
•    Trophies for class winners
•    Ticket for great prizes
•    Chance to win a Centennial College Continuing Education ‘Motorcycle course’ a $300. Value
•    A photo of your car with our beach airplane, now that's cool
This is a family oriented show, good for all ages.
As mentioned before we will have Dan Woods from ‘Chop Cut Rebuild’ in person that day. Come by and talk to him. We also have David Grainger from the show ‘Restoration Garage’. He is another cool dude that you need to meet.

We will have sponsor booths, campus tours and air bag deployment, and a DJ playing music. Also the new addition to our Ashtonbee campus is something that needs to be seen. Lincoln electric will have their old red welding truck set up so you can try out your welding skills. If you are really good, you just might win a prize from Lincoln.

We expect to see you on Sunday June 1, between 9:00am and 4:00pm, rain or shine

8-)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:19 pm 
Addict

Hi Adam,
What time will you be leaving your house. I would like to meet up with you and go together.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 pm 
Fieronut

x-thumpr-x wrote:
I plan on being there between 9-9:30am. Sunday morning is my grocery day so going really early before the show this weekend.

all depends on grocery shopping and if the girls give us a hard time in the morning. Going to wash & detail the car the night before.

8-)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 pm 

I am going to try to be there, but won't enter the car. Hopefully I can leave the landscaping to next weekend.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:29 pm 
Fieronut

Anyone interested in coming out to this show, if we want to park together, we have to show up together. I live 5kms away from the show, so if you like to meet up at me place and go together, be there for 8:30am. Most members know where I live, so if you see the red minivan not in the front driveway, I will be back soon. Freshco opens at 8am, takes me at most 20 minutes to shop. 8-)

If you don't know where I live, PM me and I will give you the address. I'm south of the show just off Warden.

8-)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:46 pm 
Fieronut

Just received this email:

WELCOME TO CENTENNIAL COLLEGE
SHOW and SHINE 2014 - Agenda
9:00 to 11:00 and 1:30 to 3:30 …………………………………..
Meet Dan Woods TV host (CHOP CUT REBUILD) and
David Grainger THE GUILD TV host (RESTORATION GARAGE)
10:15 Opening remarks
11:15 Dyno demo Freightliner Highway Tractor
(meet at the registration tent)
12: 00 Campus tour (meet at the registration tent)
2:00 Air bag deployment demo (location TBA)
2:20 Dyno demo Freightliner Highway Tractor
(meet at registration tent)
3:45 Awards, Closing Remarks and CE Raffle draw
BBQ 10 till 3 pm The Lesley Russell Scholarship 50/50 Draw
Prize giveaway is ongoing: (winning tickets will be posted at the registration desk)
Continuing Education Motorcycle Training Course raffle value $495 open to all attending the event.
Lincoln Electric Novice Welder contest prizes for Best Male and Female