G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:52 am 

So.....I decided to drop by the Ajax Canadian Tire on Saturday for the weekly cruise night, and to my unfortunate surprise, there is a group of security guards trying to shut it down! I pull in, park, open the deck-lid and one security guard came over and told me I had to leave because "Rio Can", the property owner doesn't want us there. I remind him that this is the Canadian Tire parking lot and he responds by explaining that Canadian Tire says its OK, but the property owner doesn't want the car show here anymore because we aren't paying "Rio Can" anything to use the lot and they don't benefit from us being there.
Is anyone else here as pissed as I am about this apparent hatred towards honest hard-working people trying to enjoy their hobby in a respectful, safe, and positive way? Just the other week, I attended a car meet up at Markham Fair Grounds that was paid for by a local car club (The area was rented for the event), and every York Regional Police Officer on-duty at the time was parked outside the event stopping all the cars leaving and ticketing for whatever they could find (i.e.: no front plates, modifications, etc.). Please keep in mind, no one was revving their engines or doing burn-outs, or making any sort of disturbance.
Im sorry for ranting, but enough is enough. I drive a 90 HP '84 Fiero, for f*^#'s sake! Im not in a rice-rocket trying to be in the next Fast and Furious movie! Come on people. What the heck is happening to this province?

Yours Angrily:
Mat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:04 am 
Addict

I'm not trying to defend either situation, I agree with you. Both situations are quite different though.

The Rio Can thing probably has a lot more to do with liability than getting money for the lot use. If someone slips and cracks his head open it'll be Rio Can they sue. It also could be a complaint from another store owner in the plaza - I saw that happen once with a BMW club i was with.

And the police thing will probably be some resident making a complaint - it only takes one complaint. Then the police have to be seen to be doing something about it. It isn't their fault - they can't please everyone. It also only takes one goof to spin his tires or rev up his engine to get the complaint rolling.

Maybe I'm getting old but I kinda see both sides sometimes...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:48 am 
Addict

I can't comment on the Canadian Tire situation, but the answer is likely explained above.

The same over-policing happens at almost every CSCS (Canadian Sport Compact Series) event at Cayuga with OPP AND the MOT stopping cars looking for absolutely any small thing to ticket you for.

It's B.S. and harassment but what can you do? :twisted:

1991 Beretta GTZ W-41 Quad 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:40 pm 
Guru

fight every damn ticket & tell the officer we'll all see you in court.
Then make an official complaint.
They love paperwork & the judge loves when the court system is saturated with bs tickets.

wrt riocan; social media complaining about them has impact these days; find their facebook page too.... complain to ct management & threaten to boycott them.
$ talks. Then they'll have a chat with rio.
a good start....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:08 pm 
wannabe

You need to email all areas of Rio Can and tell them how you feel and that they are directly impacting their client Canadian Tire in a negative way, I would go so far as to boycott all business on their lots and inform those business of your decision. It is a shame that RIO CAN can not contribute to community events in Ajax if you advise them of this and that you will turn to social media to make them aware they may listen as social media. And business are very conscious of supporting the communities they are in, they wont want the image of not being supportive of community events. We have to back Ajax up if it starts here it will spreed to other areas. Don't do nothing email them. Fight this!
The property rental has already been paid for by Canadian tire.
I have emailed RIO CAN to tell them how sad this decision was.

Here is the email address of each department of RIO CAN pick one and CC the rest all in one email and it should get in front of the correct person or group of people in the company.
leasing@riocan.com,
ir@riocan.com,
investments@riocan.com,
sponsorship@riocan.com,
marketing@riocan.com,
inquiries@riocan.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:40 am 

I'm going to do exactly that! Thanks for the info.