G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:20 pm 
wannabe

Cross-posted from Pennock's

June 1 Update:

Changed the time and meeting location. Sorry.

There is a second group with 4-5 Fieros that are already meeting at 08:30. Only two people expressed a time preference (both for 07:00). One is no longer coming, the other is me. Since I'm flexible, and nobody else I've spoken with expressed a preference, I've decided it would be better to have just one Fiero meetup.

If I have contact information for you, I've passed this update on.

May 30 Update:

The consensus (amongst those who expressed an opinion) was that earlier was better than later. This allows us to beat the rush, as well as a chance to look at cars before it gets too hot.

• When: See June 1 Update
  • Where: See June 1 Update

Plan will be to head to the show, but loop around to enter from the west (as suggested by Mr. Plunkett -- 90% of cars enter on the east).

If you've contacted me, I should have PM'd you my phone number (for last minute coordination). If not, PM me again.

Original Message:

Thought I'd post this well in advance. I know a few folks I talked to at Watkins Glen this year sounded interested.

Steve Plunkett in London Ontario holds an annual car show to raise funds for charity. It's big. Here's the summary of the 2015 show:

Quote:
To all our visitors & sponsors, thank you for visiting the Fleetwood Country Cruizein 2015 event. It was huge! We parked 12,000 cars between show & spectator autos. The showfield swelled to 5500 cars just on Saturday alone with 18,000 attending. We raised an actual $164,000 for area charities making our grand total $1,321,500 over 10 shows. The Komoka Optimists who are only one of our many food vendors sold 2700 burgers & processed one tonne of potatoes. The helicopters & amphi cars were going steady giving rides. The square dancing tractors put on 3 great shows for us and the grand entrance of the Dukes of Hazzard cast by jet helicopter was way over the top. Our vintage jet flyovers were the icing on the cake, all being filmed by 3 tv shows. Thanks to all for coming out to this unique charitable event. -- Sincerely, Steve Plunkett

It's a big show, and there's something for everybody (muscle, modified, tuners, late model, exotic, weird, TV-themed, etc). I attended just Saturday last year, stuck around all day, and didn't see everything there was. Just massive.

Despite arriving at 8:00, the three Fieros we had were already placed at the back of one of the (multiple) fields. Still, we got a lot of foot traffic, and met a lot of interesting people. I think Scott's "Fiero" banner drew some folks in.

This year, I think it would be great to have a few more Fieros together for the show.

The stated entry requirements are 1985-and-older (unless approved by Steve). I'm not sure how enforced those actually are. Regardless, I've already emailed Steve, who said Fieros were more than welcome.

Depending on how many people are interested, I'll make some other arrangements for the group of us for Saturday evening (Dinner, and a nice drive somewhere).

Please reply if you're interested, as well as indicating if you'd prefer early (7:00-8:00) or mid-morning (09:30-10:30) meeting and arrival. The earlier we arrive, the better placement (and the easier to leave, when the time comes). The only way to have us all park together will be to arrive together.

More show information is available on the cruize-in website.

Last edited by seq on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:01 pm 
Fieronut

May be interested in going to the show this year. Looking at event's I haven't been to yet. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:03 pm 
Addict

I'm going to go but they won't let Berettas in, LOL!

So I"ll bring the Kia, and walk about looking for you folk.

It IS a fabulous event!

1991 Beretta GTZ W-41 Quad 4

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:59 pm 
wannabe

Just three weeks left until the largest show in Canada. :)

If you're interested in attending with the group, please post here or PM me. I'll pass on my contact info, and a schedule.

(Asylum: I've PM'd my mobile number to you, in case you want to find us in the show).

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:46 pm 
wannabe

Updated first post with meeting time and location.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:15 am 
wannabe

Updated with NEW MEETING TIME and LOCATION

I spoke with another Londoner who already has 4-5 Fieros meeting at 08:30. It would be better to stay together as a group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:40 am 
wannabe

Good to see everyone!

I didn't get a picture before Dave left, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:26 am 

Looks like you guys had a good turn out. Unfortunately my car wasn't quite ready to make it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am 
Fieronut

GOT2B GM wrote:
Looks like you guys had a good turn out. Unfortunately my car wasn't quite ready to make it

The show season isn't done yet ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:04 pm 

This is true!