G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: up & coming 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:45 pm 
Fieronut

OK so I haven't made a big list of local events this year. Have one posted on my computer desk but never got around to putting one up online. :|

SO here is a list of events going on that I'm currently aware of for the summer:

July 10th

Grass Roots Show & Shine (Facebook Link)
I will be attending this event
5th Anniversary Show Information!!!
NEW LOCATION!!!!!

GR16 - Grass Roots Show 'n Shine 2016
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2016
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm (roll in starts at 9am, show starts at 10am, judging starts at 10:30am sharp)
Location: Lakeview Park, Oshawa Ontario (Address for your GPS 1615 Simcoe St South, Oshawa. The corner of Lakeview Park Avenue & Simcoe Street South)

Pre-Registration $20.00 (March 12, 2016 - July 1st)
Day of Show $30.00

Classics on Kent 2016
There is a group of Fieros & non Fieros going to this event, contact sbc for further info.

July 17

RPM Havelock
This is a three day show starting Friday but the car show is on Sunday this year.

July 22nd-24th

Wheels on the Bay
This show also is a three day event, car show every day.
I plan to be attending this show on the Sunday

July 30-31
Summer Show Down
This is a two day car show with awards for both days. Kristine runs the show and has been a long time member of the car community.
She was the president of the Ontario Pontiac Club (OPC) before the board parted ways. A few members here were a part of that club. ;)

Aug 13

Wheels on the Danforth
Back again for another year and this event has TWO shows. Classics during the day, Tuners in the evening.
I've done both shows the past few years, plan on only doing one this year but not sure which yet.
In the past, a Fiero cruise has also been schedule this day, waiting to see if there's a three-peat ;)

Aug 14th

Torque Modified
Bowmanville show for everything.

Aug 27th

NorthernShowdown (Facebook Link)
I will be attending this show
Show is located in Milton this year,
9am - 5pm

Northern Showdown is a car show open to any vehicle. Custom, classic, showroom condition, everything is welcome.
Awards will be given to the top 50 vehicles, along with 10 specialty Best Of awards.
There will be games again, for individuals and clubs to compete against each other.
It is a rain or shine event. It will be held in the parking lot adjacent to the country heritage Park.

Country Heritage Park
8560 Tremaine Road, Milton, Ontario L9T 2Y3

Registration and vendor booth can be purchased here:
http://northernshowdown.bigcartel.com/

Aug 28th

DaSilva Open House for Sick Kids
DaSilva racing in Pickering is having there annual Open house to raise money for Sick Kids.
There will be a Show & Shine along with Dyno pulls. Last I heard, 2 pulls for $80.

Sept 16-18

Canadian Auto Expo (facebook link)
I plan on attending this show but probably only on the saturday
Check out the link, there is supposed to be a lot of classes for this show

This expo will include a Custom Truck and Tuner Show, a Classic Car Show, and a 4x4 Truck Show. The Truck and Tuner Show will be held both days. The Classic Car Show will be held on day one in a designated area. On day two, the 4x4 Truck Show will take the place of the Classic participants.

Tuner Show Classes
(September 17-18)

If anyone else know of any show that they would like to submit, just add the info to the topic and I'll update the list.
If anyone plans to attend any of these show, start a new topic and see if anyone else is interested. ;)