G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:48 pm 
Fieronut

UPDATED AUG 8th :shock:

Hello from East Peoria, IL USA!! The 35th anniversary is here. People from all over have been showing up and more to arrive in the next 2 days.

This is my last update from CANADA :mrgreen:

35th is now upon, the hype everyone has been waiting for and planning is 0 days away give or take what day you plan on going down :mrgreen:
Think it's time we better get some organization happening and plan the caravans going to the show. 8-)

As most of you know, I will be going earlier then most to do some site seeing before the event with the family. What days will everyone else be going down? I do believe there is a group leaving on the Tuesday, travel part way then hotel/ motel it for the night and will arrive at the Host hotel for Wednesday. The advantage of doing it in two days is a good break from such a long drive and you don't have to wake up too early for the trip. You could wake up and leave after rush hour. I know someone who can benefit from this cause he is usually working on his car the night before till 1 or 2am then up again to leave at 6am. :roll:

The trip down from my end of Toronto, east side Scarborough is roughly 1100km's so I know the guys from Durham have a longer drive. I'm at 10hrs & 35min without gas stops, border crossing, pee breaks, stretches, and two little girls probably bored of all the driving we going to do. The route I plan on taking is very much the same route I take to FieroRama, but head south of Chicago instead of west of it. As of yet, I haven't planned on where to break for the night, I want to at least get half way to 2/3 of it done.

401 to 402
402 to Sarnia
cross border
I69 west past Flint, around Lansing then south to I94
I94 west to where it turns into I294 (bottom of lake Michigan)
Around here the Time Zone will change to Central Standard Time
I294 west to I80 (Around here you will start to run into toll charges, keep change in your car)
I80 west to I55
I55 south to I74 ( north end of Bloomington)
I74 west HOTEL Exit 94 :ugeek:

I set my gas stop up around every 400kms, (1/4 tank reading) I could push for 600km on my cars but don't risk it, I know some of you with heavy modded motors will probably need it done every 300+ kms, and probably the any 2.8L autos also to be on the safe side. Google maps is your friend, plan your trip and gas stops. Measure the distance between stops to make sure they are within your limits.

If anyone else wants to leave a little earlier and come down Sunday, we can travel together.

What day are you planning on going down? I'll try to keep an updated list posted in the first topic. ;)

Caravans to 35th:

Sunday August 5th: leave on Sunday, arrive on Monday:
Myself in Fiero & Family In Van

Tuesday August 7th: leave on Tuesday, arrive on Wednesday
Jeff (jjd2296) & father
Luke (SBC)
Lukes Father
Mitch (triniboy)
Rick (hopefully)
bnevets

Wednesday August 7th: 1 day drive
Stinger
SaturnTO

Thursday August 8th: 1 day drive
Seq
Seg father
BigB

OHNIKO.... where abouts unkown :(

Talking to some members we could have anywhere from 10-15 fieros from Greater Toronto Area. Who else coming that hasn't been listed yet and confirmation from the "Others" list members please. :mrgreen:

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 am 
Gold Member

I’m all set to leave on the Tuesday. Ned to find out who else is going on the Tuesday. I have to stop in Brampton to pick my dad up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:21 am 
wannabe

My Dad and I are both heading down. We're leaving early Thursday morning from London, and driving the 8-9 hours in one day. Doing the same coming home Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 pm 
Gold Member

I hope your room is booked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:59 pm 

My Girlfriend and I are going, I just don't know when or how yet.

I booked my room months ago so I'm alright on that end, I just need to register with the event.

I'm strongly leaning towards pulling a Fiero there on a dolly. Will see as we get closer if we can make it in a convoy but we would sure enjoy doing so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 am 
Fieronut

29 days away, sooner depending on what day you plan on leaving for the show.
Has everyone finalized what day they are heading down? Need head counts and organize times to meet up for caravans now. its crunch time to get those last minute fixes done too.

Post when you plan on leaving and lets get things organized. I know the organizers are still looking for volunteers to to help out a couple of hours with the show.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:24 pm 
Gold Member

My dad and I are heading down on Tuesday Morning. we are planning on staying the night half way somewhere which I still have to figure out. we will arrive around lunch time on the wed. I will be leaving from Brampton on the Tuesday morning if anyone wants to join the ride. Thumpr when are you heading down?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:13 pm 
Fieronut

jjd2296 wrote:
My dad and I are heading down on Tuesday Morning. we are planning on staying the night half way somewhere which I still have to figure out. we will arrive around lunch time on the wed. I will be leaving from Brampton on the Tuesday morning if anyone wants to join the ride. Thumpr when are you heading down?

Read the first topic ;)
I'm trying to make a list of who leaving when. Other people have asked me when people are going, no one looking at this topic I guess
I'd suggest talking to Luke to see about going down together on that day. I have a "Stop" list made up I'm going to give to Luke which shows the stops I plan on making during my 2 day trip down also. Just have to plan the return trip now but will probably be leaving on Sunday now to after the awards so have to take in the late time leaving and where to crash for the night.

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 pm 

I'll dig out my tent this weekend to make sure it's still in good working order...if so, people need a place to chill out in the sunshine, bring a chair and cooler... Would be nice to have a meeting place set up. If interested, let me know. I'll be bringing my Truck-n-Trailer, so plenty of room for chairs, coolers, water bottles and stuff and anyone needs anything transported down, let me know.

Stinger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:29 pm 
Fieronut

Stinger wrote:
I'll dig out my tent this weekend to make sure it's still in good working order...if so, people need a place to chill out in the sunshine, bring a chair and cooler... Would be nice to have a meeting place set up. If interested, let me know. I'll be bringing my Truck-n-Trailer, so plenty of room for chairs, coolers, water bottles and stuff and anyone needs anything transported down, let me know.

Stinger

what day are you actually leaving on and are you doing a 1 day trip or over 2 days?

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:05 pm 

x-thumpr-x wrote:
Stinger wrote:

Stinger

what day are you actually leaving on and are you doing a 1 day trip or over 2 days?

My plan is to leave on Wed. and get there Wed. evening. Leave in the morning and have a nice leisurely drive down. If people are heading from Toronto... we can meet up anywhere from Hamilton to the 401-ish.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:08 pm 
Addict

As I'm on the list, thought I'd chime in and say not sure when my departure is quite yet. I know I'm leaving the city here Thursday, I just don't know my route as I may be dropping in to see some family in Cleveland enroute.

Of course the fun part is I presently have a heat-soak on my starter motor so when I fill up, it may be a 30 minute stop ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

Updated July 18/ 2018

I'm leaving Tuesday and I'll probably head up the convoy, stopping midway at Travelodge by Wyndham Battle Creek 5395 Beckley Rd, Battle Creek MI 49015. https://goo.gl/maps/hNKuD1BxxT22

If anyone has an FRS please bring it. Well use the month as the channel and the day as the sub channel. I'll also have my roaming plan on my phone and will share # prior to departure and I will do my traffic GPS.

Most of us have CAA and I will have my usual emergency tool kit along with coolant, clutch and brake bleeding kits with me. I am also bringing a lithium booster pack.

Usual cruise rules apply, you are responsible for the person behind you. If we are losing them put your four ways on and slow down or pull over. The least fuel efficient vehicle will determine fuel stops (likely me, lol) and I will have a small 5L gas can with me just in case of issues. Please fill up prior to departure and don't forget to reset your trip meter, we know how these fuel guages are.

Here's the list so far as far as I understand:

Luke (SBC)
Luke's Dad - with his car or as my passenger
Jeff and Dad plus trailer/ car
Mitch
Marcus
Rick?

We will probably meet off the 401 somewhere past the 410, I'll confirm that location tonight too.

Likely departure time is 7am or shortly thereafter.

Convoy back on Sunday after awards will also be a two day affair. Unless we hate it on the way down we have also booked and are stopping midway at Travelodge by Wyndham Battle Creek 5395 Beckley Rd, Battle Creek MI 49015. https://goo.gl/maps/hNKuD1BxxT22 Adam and family will be joining us on that one.

Who else wants to meet us on the Tuesday?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 am 
wannabe

I’m Caravaning with Stinger on Wednesday the 8th, next time you edit the first post correct the dates lol :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:19 am 
Fieronut

BigB wrote:
As I'm on the list, thought I'd chime in and say not sure when my departure is quite yet. I know I'm leaving the city here Thursday, I just don't know my route as I may be dropping in to see some family in Cleveland enroute.

Of course the fun part is I presently have a heat-soak on my starter motor so when I fill up, it may be a 30 minute stop ...

You need one of these?
http://designengineering.com/versa-shie ... er-shield/

8-)