G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:45 am 
Addict

x-thumpr-x wrote:

I was going to try something like that using bubble heat shield and tie wraps this week. Also see if somehow years ago I decided to ditch a heat shield. As though I have not had any issues until this year, I just think my solenoid is on the way out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:52 pm 

I'm booked for hotels. Leaving Tuesday with that group

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:52 am 
Fieronut

bnevets27 wrote:
I'm booked for hotels. Leaving Tuesday with that group

8-) 8-)

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:18 pm 
Fieronut

sbc wrote:
Updated July 18/ 2018

We will probably meet off the 401 somewhere past the 410, I'll confirm that location tonight too.

Likely departure time is 7am or shortly thereafter.

Who else wants to meet us on the Tuesday?

Which night Luke?

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:17 am 

That's the Tuesday morning, August the 7th. That he's talking about.

Or are you talking about the night he was going to confirm it....?

And an FYI if everyone didn't already know. Every car needs a fire extinguisher to be able to enter the show.
http://midwestfieroclubs.com/index.php/ ... -car-show/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:27 am 

Hey Guys,

I'm till trying to figure out what we are doing.

The low mileage Fiero gave me some trouble after sitting for a couple years. The gas went bad and I had to empty the tank. I have it running now, I'll see Monday if it is running well enough to bring to the show. I haven't had the time to really mess around with it.

My backup plan was to bring my trusty 87 Coupe but someone recently vandalized that car while it was parked on the street. I've got a broken tail light and luggage rack along with damaged paint in that small corner. I could probably get it going if I find a tail light but it won't be a looker.

So it looks like I'll either be dollying the low mileage car or going in my z :(

Whats the plan for Thursday's caravan? I have the hotel room starting Thursday but I might look into adding an extra night to leave with the big group on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:59 pm 
Fieronut

FieroAlex wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm till trying to figure out what we are doing.

The low mileage Fiero gave me some trouble after sitting for a couple years. The gas went bad and I had to empty the tank. I have it running now, I'll see Monday if it is running well enough to bring to the show. I haven't had the time to really mess around with it.

My backup plan was to bring my trusty 87 Coupe but someone recently vandalized that car while it was parked on the street. I've got a broken tail light and luggage rack along with damaged paint in that small corner. I could probably get it going if I find a tail light but it won't be a looker.

So it looks like I'll either be dollying the low mileage car or going in my z :(

Whats the plan for Thursday's caravan? I have the hotel room starting Thursday but I might look into adding an extra night to leave with the big group on Wednesday.

The Big group is leaving on Tuesday actually. There is another convoy leaving on Wednesday too. I would suggest emailing Luke (SBC) if you want to go with them. He hasn't confirmed a location as to where to meet up yet but there is a time.

If you want to leaving on Wednesday, get in touch with Stinger.

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:03 pm 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

The meetup location for Tuesday at 7am is off Argentia and Winston Churchill. It's a former Rona or something similiar and is right beside Sleep Country and David's Bridal. Nice big empty lot visible from Winston Churchill and the 401 west off ramp.

https://goo.gl/maps/f9RdFtbwpdS2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 pm 

Because I'm bring my trailer, having an abundance of room, I'll be bringing a wack of cleaning supplies if anyone needs stuff to clean their car with, once you get to the hotel. I'll be arriving Wed. evening.

Also, if anyone needs a fire extinguisher (Show requirement) I can bring a few extras...just let me know. No need to buy one. (not unless your house is burning down, but then, by all means go ahead) :D

Stinger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:36 am 
wannabe

FieroAlex wrote:

AFAIK, the only people doing a one-day drive Thursday is myself and my Dad. We're leaving from London in the morning. Our schedule was somewhat fluid sinc eit was just the two of us, but we don't mind waiting for a few others to get here before we head out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:29 am 
Fieronut

This is my last update from CANADA :ugeek:

We are packing up the vehicles now and will be soon heading out. We've been waiting for this day for over a year and the girls are excited to go on a trip to the state. I think just to go shopping though. :roll: Everyone have a safe trip down and see you in East Peoria a few days. 8-)

Luke, try not to loose anyone on the way down this time. :mrgreen:
Everyone who is caravaning together, remember to keep an eye on the person behind you more then the one in front of you. If that person behinds you slows down, you do too. Don't want to leave a man stranded on the side of the highway this time around. :|

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:47 pm 

Have a safe drive guys, Hopefully I get to meet some of you down there.

My Fiero situation in still in limbo, I'll know more tomorrow when I get that last minute parts shipment. Hopefully I don't show up Fiero-Less again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:36 pm 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

For the record I had given you the lead of the caravan at that time and was in the middle. Some other dude who was 2nd last lost your dad...lol

My record is clean. Hope to keep it that way.

Have a safe drive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:44 pm 
Fieronut

We are here safe and sound, long drive but worth it. everyone else attending have a safe drive down, and whats taking you so long? :mrgreen:

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 pm 

I got the car running well enough to drag it down with me. It's far from perfect but it will have to do.

I'm picking up the dolly tomorrow morning at 6am then hitting the road not long after! I Might sleep somewhere along the way since my reservation at the host hotel starts only on Thursday. I'll see if they can add a night to my reservation if I show up early.