G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BBM for Ios & Android?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 pm 
Fieronut

So, who's finally glad BBM is out for other phones now? It's the one thing I liked about my old BlackBerry but didn't care for the phone, too limited for my usage.

Got the app on my android now, good thing about this is I should be able to KEEP my pin when I upgrade my phone (Unlike BlackBerries) :D

PIN: 74879810
If anyone wants to add me & yes, no letters in my pin, never seen that before :|

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:41 pm 
Single again

BlackBerry has been working for a few years to replace PIN with BBID, but they've been a bit distracted lately. When I signed up I got my old PIN and all my contacts were restored! Yee-haw :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm 
Fieronut

netcam wrote:
BlackBerry has been working for a few years to replace PIN with BBID, but they've been a bit distracted lately. When I signed up I got my old PIN and all my contacts were restored! Yee-haw :D

I have no idea what my old PIN is and I sold that phone to a friend. He was using my old Curve up till a few months ago.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:48 am 
Single again

I too am using BBM for Android as I have many friends that support Blackberry. For myself,I love Android because it's modular. Since I use Linux exclusively, it's only a natural choice. I'm not a "hater" of Blackberry. I merely enjoy the Open Source code (of Android) and the ability to flash different ROMS and such.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:50 am 
Addict

I am using this on a Galaxy S3 and it works, but it chews the battery up pretty good. I don't do many calls so it is noticeable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:03 am 
Single again

canuckmark wrote:
I am using this on a Galaxy S3 and it works, but it chews the battery up pretty good. I don't do many calls so it is noticeable.

Really? I too have the S3 and I don't notice any change in battery life. From fully charged at 5:00AM until the next morning (at 5:00AM), I've only used 30%. Perhaps you have something else running in the background? I'm running a custom ROM though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:40 am 
Fieronut

probably because you're running a custom rom. all the malware has ben deleted and only mandatory programs running. Who's ROM you're using? I was playing with roms on my older android phones but haven't done a thing with my HTC One x+. It's the only phone that no longer has a warranty and still original ROM running. All my others I had them "Tweaked" a month after owning them still under warranty.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:51 am 
Addict

Actually nothing special on this phone, just as it was out of the box. For someone who charges their phone regularly this probably wouldn't be an issue, but long standby (2-3 days) is important to the way I use mine so this affects it a lot. Granted, the drain isn't huge, but it is enough.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:13 pm 
Fieronut

Hey Mark,
Have you gone into Apps and disabled all unnecessary apps running? When I had a S3, I had a lot of programs disabled and got good battery life. Anything Samsung app/push/mail I disabled. It's not needed with Google store running.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:06 pm 
Addict

Yes I have, that's how I've gotten good battery life to this point. Great little piece of kit when it's all tweaked.