G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Latest DD - now SX
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:44 am 
Addict

Traded in my '13 Rio EX hatchback for the first in Canada 2017 KIA Forte SX hatchback.

Had it since mid-December and already at 5000kms (was 33 when I got the keys).

1.6L turbo with 7spd DCT - 200hp/195tq apparently
Fun little machine, which I can see myself getting into trouble with.

Photo Album - not really any good pictures of it yet.
https://goo.gl/photos/vCWQunpSLeSHass66

Post subject: Re: Latest DD - now SX
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:48 pm 
wannabe

sargeants wrote:
Traded in my '13 Rio EX hatchback for the first in Canada 2017 KIA Forte SX hatchback.

Had it since mid-December and already at 5000kms (was 33 when I got the keys).

1.6L turbo with 7spd DCT - 200hp/195tq apparently
Fun little machine, which I can see myself getting into trouble with.

Photo Album - not really any good pictures of it yet.
https://goo.gl/photos/vCWQunpSLeSHass66

Looking good. My father in law has an Optima he's very happy with.

I traded in my 2007 Chevy Cobalt last year. My experience with the Cobalt left such an impression that I didn't even sit in a Chevy Cruze.

I was really looking for a small manual car, preferably a hatchback. I was looking to buy used, but recent. I narrowed my search to the Focus, Mazda3, and Civic.

The Civic didn't have a hatch (until this year), but I still considered it simply because it was the only domestic option (although the new hatch isn't). Unfortunately, I wasn't overly impressed with the prices, and the manual transmission appears to have only been offered in the base model.

The Focus had a head start as there have been a few in my family over the years, and they've always proven reliable (and nobody had the dual clutch). However, I really didn't want myfordtouch, and Sync3 wasn't available in used vehicles yet (at least not at the prices I was searching within). Additionally, I had a bunch of really poor dealer visits.

I drove a 2012 Mazda3 and was somewhat impressed with the car, but don't appreciate the salesman participating in the test drive, particularly when he tells you where to go.

Long story slightly less long, I ended up coming across a 2015 Mazda3 at a Chevy dealer. Transmission I wanted (manual), trim I wanted (GS -- no leather, with nav, 2.0l engine), colour I preferred, Price was good, history was good, and it was rather low mileage. So I bought it. Additionally, the salesman was actually up front and honest ("Any questions? Because it's a Mazda. And you're at a Chevy dealer", and "You don't really want these plate covers, do you").

Anyway, I picked it up at 6600km in July, and put another 20,000km on it so far.

Post subject: Re: Latest DD - now SX
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:14 pm 
wannabe

I have the 16 SX with the luxury package, got it at the end of April. I love it and the heated steering wheel is really nice in the winter!