G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:39 pm 

I got my first car in 2004 it was a white 1988 base fiero that came from el toro california it had never been winter driven the guy i got it from did not want to sell it to me because he thought i wouldnt take good enough care of it but needless to say i got it the car was spotless i drove it for 2-3years and i fixed many issues that came up on it and it eventually needed a clutch so my father and i changed it and spent a weekend or 2 changing it we thought it was fixed but it was not we rattled our brains for ever trying to fix it and got a few different clutch kits and changed master and slave this went on for months it turned out that it was the clutch fork bent we finnaly fixed it and i was back on the road but i was not happy with the car so i decided to sell it and get something a bit more common since 1988 fieros were one year only for lots of parts i sold it to a guy in woodbridge in 2007 since then i looked on kijiji once in a while thinking i may find my old car and this summer 2017 i was looking for acura el parts and my old 1988 fiero came up since it came from el toro california thinking it was a sign i bought the car back only to get there and find he had taken off many parts and broke lots off stuff and sold some stuff but it was my car and he was the guy i sold it to 10 years ago so i had to have it when i got home i decided to check the damage and make a list of what i needed turned out the engine was junk and the front bumper, headlights and other small items were gone i have now decided to convert it to a sunroof fastback 2.8 from non sunroof notchback 2.5 i have all of the parts and i am in the middle of painting the complete car and swapping everything over i am now a fiero nut again

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 pm 
Gold Member

That's great news!are you the guy who was searching by for a 2.8 on kijiji ? With the white notchback on a trailer ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 am 

Yup thats me i got a complete 87 gt for a parts car so i think the only thing i would still be looking for is a formula front bumper the last guy took it off and lost it or sold it either way i still need a formula bumper but i have the gt aero front bumper from the parts car i will paint that and use it until i find a formula one