G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My story
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 pm 

Hi guys, my name is Blair. My story started back in 1983 when I first read about the P-car coming out for 1984 in Car and Driver. As soon as I read about a mid-engine car from Pontiac with hot styling I had to have one. I ordered one as soon as I could from my local dealer in Calgary. They told me there would be a long waiting list but I didn't care. I ordered all of the options that I was interested in and waited. A few months later, the dealer called and said that there were delays and if I was willing to take another car in black, then I could likely get a car sooner. I had my heart set on red so I said no thanks. A few weeks later, I got another call from the dealer saying that he would like to take my red car if I was willing to take a black one since the demand for red was so high. Again, I turned them down. Finally, in January, I got the call I was waiting for. My car had arrived. I flew into the dealership that day and finished up the paperwork and finally got my car. It was a 1984 SE model. I kept that car for 4 years and loved every minute of it. In fact, I met my wife because of that car. A friend of mine had a friend who was looking for a guy to go out with. Her list included: a nice guy, tall, and with a red sports car. Immediately my friend thought of me and set me up on a blind date with her friend. 27 years later, we have been married for 25 years. All because of my red Fiero. If I would have accepted the black Fiero, I probably wouldn't have met my future wife. Funny how life works.

Post subject: Re: My story
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:32 pm 
Guru

that's gr8 story! thanks for sharing...

my 1st 3 dates with my (ex)wife was with a rusting out, fallin apart, silver 4 dr chevy celebrity, lol ...she stayed! :shock:
on the 4th date, my red fiero gt came out...and the rest was history... ...well, sort of, she's gone but the fiero stayed. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 am 

Thanks for your story. I still have the same wife but my 86 GT is not the same. I wonder what ever happened to my 84 SE?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 pm 

Maybe i have your car !,Red 1984 notchy beigh leather sheep skin seats. But now runs a 2000 Pontiac GTP almost new 3800SC . Her name is Eda.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:56 pm 

Hmmmm....that is possible since mine did have the beige sheepskin seats. But mine was in Alberta so it would have had to make a big trip to end up here. Do you know where you bought it from or any of the past owner history?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 pm 

Bought her from an auto wrecker in Ptbo. Previous history U K. It was a 4cyl automatic with low Klm. Will be at 2013 Pig Roast event ths yr if its still going to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 pm 

Hmmm...I wonder if it was mine? Did it have a GT front end with a black Firebird spoiler on the back?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:44 am 

Sorry , Must not be your old Fiero.