G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello From Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:26 am 

Hi All,
My name is Len and I am from the Ottawa area. I recently purchased a 1988 Formula that has a MERA body kit. I am told it it a real MERA but I have no way to confirm this. The car has been totally re badged as a 308. It has leather interior, tilt steering, cruise, AC, p-windows, locks & mirrors. pioneer sound and 72K kilometres. Car is rust free and has always been stored inside. I probably paid too much for it but I always wanted a good 88 and the MIRA body was a real bonus. I have been trying for two weeks to register on the Ottawa Fiero Group and there is no way it will let me register. It keeps telling me I have made an error . I guess they don't want new members.

The car is using a bit of oil as it has sat for far too long. I will be looking into getting a rebuilt engine in the near future.

Cheers
Len

Post subject: Re: Hello From Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 am 
Fieronut

Welcome to the Forum, sorry to her about having trouble with Ottawa forum. Not sure what's going on with them, I can still login in and browse it. I believe Mera's had some identification stickers in the door jams. You could always run the vin to see if it was. Someone on Pennocks has a Mera's registry going right now.

http://www.fiero.net/mera/

8-)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:30 pm 

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I already tried that link. The decoder just tells you about the original car. there doesn't seem to be anything to id the true Meras. As for door stickers - everything says Ferrari on this car All stickers badges, manuals everything says Ferrari. Engine has Ferrari routered and powder coated on the intake manifold. Someone had a serious thing for Ferrari. The leather seats have Ferrari symbol stitched into the backs and there are Ferrari carpets too. the only thing they could have done would be to swap out the fiero dash - that is still original.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:04 am 
Single again

Welcome to the forum!
Please, post some pics of the Mera, we'd all like to see it. Perhaps we can all see it in person at a gathering or show & shine this year. Anyhow, have fun with it.