G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re introducing myself
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:40 pm 

Hi everyone about 2 years ago i made an account on this forums page for my 85 Notchback GT, at the time i was super excited to put it on the road and start driving it that year... Turns out i was very inexperienced with many automotive aspects, I did not realize when i purchased the car, having rushed into the purchase that the whole rear end was completely and utterly rotted out. When i found the car unfixable i just put it in my field to let it rot some more.. after all now it was more of a fantasy then a reality. but after doing my automotive courses, and also becoming quite adept with welding... i decided late last fall to pull it into the garage to see if i could take a stab at this daunting task. after cutting out all the rotted metal i started figuring out my design. Not once did i go online for guidance, i just locked my self in the garage for the whole winter. During this time I experienced a lot of trial and error. also constant removing of steel i added in, to make it all fit perfectly and to make the frame as strong, if not stronger then it originally was. After rebuilding the upper rails, and making a new bottom for my trunk, i started seeing progress, of course i did much more then that. but i'm sure most people know what this job is like. Anyways after two years of wanting the car on the road. it finally is, i drive it to work and back everyday, As much as people like to put down these cars i think they drive extremely smooth and i love the looks i get. I'm glad to say ill be posting on the page. and hopefully offering advice from my own experiences. thanks here are some pictures of the whole job. Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:13 pm 
Fieronut

nice to see another Fiero saved. I've seen enough that are savable but I don't have the skills to do the job myself. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:34 pm 
Guru

ditto! :)