G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:56 pm 

Hi Everyone,
My name is Kevin Sibley. I live just outside Truro, Nova Scotia. I have loved the Fiero since 1984 when a fellow grad student bought one of the first ones in Canada. But like many people of the day, I thought it should be a performance car, not a commuter car. I swore SOMEDAY that I would own a Fiero with a SBC V8 in it. After a long career as a University Professor and raising four children and putting them through University, I took the plunge in the summer of 2014 and bought my Fiero. A good friend was downsizing his fleet of performance cars and offered it me before going to the open market. I jumped at the chance and made a deal with him. It is a black 1984 2M4 notchback that has been highly customized. Too many mods to list here so I'll just put the main ones that make it and awesome Fiero: Built 355 SBC V8 engine, approx. 350Hp.; Ferarri F355 nose; Custom front hood vent and laminar flow aero tunnel, Aero side skirts; Custom rear facing air induction scoop in the engine bay deck lid; Custom rear strut tower brace; the list goes on.
A few photos can be found in my Photo Bucket Album at the URL posted below:
http://s558.photobucket.com/user/kevinsibley/media/My%20Fiero/photo%209%201%201_zpsaca53c0v.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
I love to go on twisty-road cruises, but most of all do Track Days with the car. It is a beast to manhandle around our local 11 turn road race track, but sooooo much fun it is incredible! I especially like blowing by 991s, 944s, M3s, C63 AMG, Boss 302s, Camaro 1LE, etc. who's owners are also members of the Maritime High Performance Driving club that I belong to. Likely due more to my driving skills honed from five years of racing experience, than to the Fiero itself. But I don't care...I get a big smile on every time! And the other drivers enjoy it as well. We are all just happy to be able to be on the race track having oodles of fun.
If I can provide any forum members with some useful info, I will be pleased to do that. I am also looking forward to reading through the many member posts to see what is happening in the Fiero community. My next two projects for my Fiero are to redesign and upgrade the engine cooling system (track driving generates lots of heat!) and do major brake, suspension and handling upgrades.
Glad to meet you,
Kevin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:00 pm 
Addict

Greetings and welcome aboard. Beautiful part of our country!

Nice back story about the car. Always interested in suspension upgrades. I think our little cars too easily "push" through turns a little too easily.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:10 pm 
Addict

BTW, I know this post is about you, but my fave looking Fiero thus far ... :)
(obviously enjoying to your pics!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 pm 
Fieronut

Hello and welcome to the forum, nice to see another V8 out there. I've wanted one for awhile too, even got a V8 sitting in my unit though it's not a SBC but a true Allante 4.5L. Debating if I still want to go ahead with the swap or not with gas prices on the rise once again. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:00 pm 
Addict

Funny that you mention the V8. Now that I've had the experience with the 3800, I'm contemplating exactly the opposite. Looking at my recent Toyota engine swap got me thinking ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:17 pm 
Fieronut

BigB wrote:
Funny that you mention the V8. Now that I've had the experience with the 3800, I'm contemplating exactly the opposite. Looking at my recent Toyota engine swap got me thinking ...

Do this mean you want a V8? 8-)

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:16 pm 
Addict

Thinking I'd like to contemplate a modern 4-cyl mill like a honda 2L. Looks really clean in the engine bay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:12 pm 
Guru

welcome & thanks for sharing; come out to of our cruises, lol! (;