G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:27 pm 
wannabe

Actually had my fiero idling for a few minutes after the Muncie to 4t65e-hd swap.

Several issues to correct but I think there are no leaks.

The damn crossover pipe is leaking like a sieve lol. Also my throttle cable is not quite long enough for the northstar throttlebody. Other minor stuff to take care of but I will hopefully be able to drive/race the car before it snows!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:36 pm 
wannabe

Got the exhaust leak fixed, and the coolant purged and running (just distilled water, as I expected there was a leak with I have fixed, so shortly I will swap to coolant).

I was going to load the transmission a bit to get the temps up to make sure my cooler lines don't leak, but I blew the front passengers brake line. I ordered a new hose, I am so glad this happened on the lift, and not driving.

After I replace the line and bleed it, I need to fix the throttle line. I ordered a spool of 50 ft wire, as the cable isn't long enough for the new throttlebody I installed. After that Its just some tidying up in the engine bay, and a couple of wiring thins inside the car.

The big item left to deal with is the rear decklid, not sure how well it will fit with this new throttlebody, but I will figure something out.

Looks like after almost two years I will have the car back on the road, swapped the blown 4 speed Muncie for a built 4t65e-hd.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:06 pm 
wannabe

Got the throttle replaced and the brake line. I think I need to do a full bleed of the brakes but they are kind of working.

Loaded the transmission a bit and there doesn't appear to be any leaks. Worked on moving the plate my upper dogbone mount connects to, things are looking good for having it on the road in the near future!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:51 pm 
wannabe

Installed one of the last new old stock "Kris Munson" front signal covers. Came with two clips - not enough needed two more from the dealership to hold them better. Nice add on!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:12 am 
wannabe

Here is a pic

https://ibb.co/jidsF0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:16 pm 

Added some Russ Warmoth seat belt pads to both '88 GTs. Not much but at least something for a cold Sunday afternoon!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20