G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who still hibernating?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm 
Fieronut

NOT ME!!! :mrgreen:

Sick as a dog and still had time today to prep the car for spring. Been sitting dormant for all winter tucked away in her corner. Battery is back in, started up to get the ECM to re learn everything again. Took her for a short spin around the block. Cleared out some snow piles where she was parked and that was it for me. Exhausted myself out with that little work but sure felt nice behind the wheel again plus the people craning thier neck to second guess themselves. "what was that?" :lol:

Now if I can only get rid of this flu bug. Damn family get togethers, someone always has to bring a sick child and share it with us. Zoey & Tanya got it early this week, I just showed signs as of last night. ughhh :|

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:37 am 
wannabe

Not here, been busy all winter......to many projects on the go and unfortunately the project hasn't been worked on in a while, got a week off coming up so I'm hoping to have some time to finish the wiring harness and get it out of my basement.

Jer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:44 am 
Addict

I started to do some outside work yesterday. First on the list is creating a 'workbench' to sit above the hood of Fiona.
I'll use this to do my fiberglassing and sanding, sanding, sanding rather than in the basement, and will be nice to have a place to set things/tools while working on the rest of the car.
Got one set of legs done yesterday, will finish it up today and also uncover the car to let it breathe, and remove some of the extra snow around it.

Getting started - and already lost an hour.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 pm 
Single again

Still need to make a trip to Lewiston to pick up my alternator, which also requires that I grab the pigtails, and replace my dew wipes. No room in the garage to work on the car, so have to wait for some 'spring like' weather before I can start. Hoping to have everything ready for April 1st!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:33 pm 

Not me either!
Had mine for a rip down the road last weekend while it was still dry.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am 
Addict

Well - I can officially say I'm not hibernating.
Cleared the snow/ice from around the car and removed the cover. Checked out the inside (no mice!) and engine bay - all seems clear.
Hooked up the battery and fired her up. Got up to an idle and that was it for me.

Now to setup my workbench overtop of the hood and get to work tearing things apart, cleaning and putting new stuff back.
I'm aiming to have the car finished and driving by the beginning of June... that gives me a few weekends to test it out before Indianapolis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 am 
Addict

The car is still sleeping. Well, more like it's still put under for some minor surgery. Hoping it bring her out of her coma in a couple of weeks. Maybe sooner if things go well ;) I don't want to jinx it though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm 
Addict

I'm hoping for this or next weekend. Up here we still have a lot of salt on the roads and I don't wanna mess up the rims. Plus she's a real see-you-next-tuesday when she's cold.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm 
Guru

i am & so is the car :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm 

Well I moved mine around a bit and started looking at and planing what I'm going to do before it goes on the road this year so far.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 am 
Addict

Global warming....my hairy a$$.... ;) My car is still hibernating in the garage. Too cold to work on it, and there is no way I will drive it with salt still on the roads. Once that crap gets up into the welds and seams, it is not coming out.. :( Hopefully soon !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 am 
Addict

Hopefully the crazy rain forecast for this week will be the last price to pay for salt free roads. :)