G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rodney Dickman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 pm 
Addict

I'm looking at putting in a small order at Ridney Dickman for a clutch master and slave cylinder (or rebuild kit). I keep getting air slowly leaking into my system.

Didn't know if anyone else relatively local to me needed anything and wanted to share the shipping.

I'm in no massive rush, throwing this out there to see if there's any interest at this point.

Post subject: Re: Rodney Dickman
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:18 am 
Single again

I have a brand new RD master I'll sell you for $50. I also have a new slave cylinder, but it's not from Rodney. If it will fit your car, you're welcome to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 am 
Addict

Can you check what style master you have? I need the late style with small banjo. There's a small amount of moisture on the firewall where the banjo goes into the MC.

And when I re-bled a big air bubble came out very quickly after bleeding earlier in the season. It seemed like the air bubble was either in or very near the slave - which makes me think the slave is letting air in.

I just thought I'd do them both at once.

I need a slave for the V6 4 spd, was looking locally for the MR2 slave re-build kit to install the double seal piston but the only place that could get it was the Toyota dealer at $50... no thanks. Other local parts stors had it in their system for $18 but could not get one.

Let me know about what master you have - if it's the right one I'll grab off of you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 pm 
Addict

The flex line in the engine compartment is stainless braid but the crimps on the steel line rust, I replaced mine with the one from RD,, it has a compression fitting, I changed everything front to back, clutch master, made new hard lines from brake lines, cut the flare off one 60" coupled with compression fitting, new slave. The results made it worth replacing. Huge difference vs. stock.

I just got sick of bleeding my clutch. With ultimate getrag shift kit, short shift arm, it shifts better than a brand new car. It makes shifting feel much, much different. Click, click.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:14 pm 
Single again

Not sure but I think the slave is for the Isuzu so I'm guessing that won't do you any good, and the Master is the old style for '84 - '86, but sounds like you put on the '87-'88 style? Here's the master and slave that I have:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:25 pm 
Addict

I haven't put anything on yet, and from what I can tell the parts on my car are original to the car (other than what I did to modify the banjo). It's weird it has the 4spd but the late style master.

My current master has the fitting on the end of it. Do you know of yours has the small or large banjo opening? I could use your master if I make a new line as Notch suggests. I had already thought about doing that, just not too seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 pm 
Fieronut

netcam wrote:

This slave is for 85/86 4 speed muncie & 85-88 5spd Isuzu
I can also make it work on the Getrag set up too. 8-)

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:22 pm 
Single again

The slave being for the '85/'86 4 speed Muncie makes sense, as that is what was in the car when I bought it. Have since had it swapped for a 5 speed Isuzu.

The master has the larger banjo, here is the picture of the new and old (respectively) masters that he sells, mine being the lower one:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:22 am 
Addict

Thanks. Ya I know what he has, he sells both with either banjo. Unfortunately I won't be able to use yours, it's wrong for my car in both ways. My car orginally did have the aluminum pedal with the large banjo but I swapped in the steel pedal with the small banjo. It was one of the first things I did to see if it was causing my issue.

I'll just bite the bullet and order a set new.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 pm 
Single again

Sorry I can't help you out, and our timing was lousy too, I just bought about $300 worth of RD stuff that arrived on Tuesday. Paid $50 shipping, which probably wouldn't have gone up by much adding your stuff in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:01 am 
Addict

Nothing to be sorry for - I appreciate you trying to help.

It seems we were just off on our timing - even more so was my dog who last night re-quired an un-planned vet visit. That took care of the little play money I had set aside for these parts. This clutch system might have to wait for later in the season or be a fall/winter project.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:17 pm 
Single again

Well it looks like I'm going to need stuff from Rodney yet again! One of the Gen 2 headlight motors I bought is toast! I didn't think it was possible for the motors to be worse than the ones were like on the car before the rebuild, but I stand corrected :(

http://youtu.be/tod3Z2z1rYk

Here's what the inside of the driver's side motor looks like, there was nothing left of the bump stops at all, just little crumbs of nylon. Guess I'm going to have to order 2 rebuild kits.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:07 pm 
Fieronut

OR you could do that or do what I did, I found the correct size bolt that had an unthreaded shoulder on it to cut up into new metal pieces rather then putting nylon back in.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 pm 
Single again

Never thought of that, sounds like a bit better than using bolts like I saw one person do! I found out from somebody on PFF that you can use the Ford window regulator gear plugs, they're apparently the same thing. Funny but even the gear looks the same. I ordered 2 sets of three, I'm going to do the second motor before I even try putting it in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 pm 
Addict

I finally caved and put my order in. Looking forward to not having to bleed the clutch every month.