G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 pm 
Addict

http://www.justinchristie.ca/media/web/ ... ut_us.html

Has anyone here dealt with this place? Any comments/opinions?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 am 
Fieronut

Yep, I've bought parts from them in the past but from what I know, HTD closed thier doors long ago. Same as RSM & Race-Tech (A.K.A. The Fiero Shop) It's a shame thier is no shop in Toronto anymore that specializes in Fieros. :(

I'm surprised to actually see the site link, Justinchristie is a member from the old forum. Not sure if he has signed up on the new forum yet.

Just checked: has joined yet.

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm 
wannabe

Adam, something to look at for the new site, when you click a link have it open a new tab than what it does currently and sends you out of GTFieros.....

Jer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm 
Fieronut

Coppertop_01 wrote:
Adam, something to look at for the new site, when you click a link have it open a new tab than what it does currently and sends you out of GTFieros.....

Jer

Not sure if it's board related or personal computer related. I know in internet explorer you can change setting to automatically open links in new tabs which I have mine set up for. But for some reason, both forums (old & new) like to open links in current window. I've gotten used to right clicking on links & opening them in a new window or tab. I've search the admin control panel and can't find any setting other the turning off URl link al together. :?

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:59 pm 
Addict

CTRL-click (Command-click for you Mac users)works wonders to open a link in a new tab. I find myself doing that for almost everything.
Also clicking the wheel on a 3-btn mouse should do the same thing unless you've customized it for some other function.

But there *should* be a way to direct links to a target="_blank"....
Edit - something like this: https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/links- ... w-windows/
And off initial topic :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:49 pm 
Fieronut

I don't have the knoweldge to rewrite command lines or the access, so everyone will have to deal with right clicking for now. :D

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am 

cam-a-lot wrote:
http://www.justinchristie.ca/media/web/hi-tech/html/about_us.html

Has anyone here dealt with this place? Any comments/opinions?

I just signed up to the new forum. 8-)

I keep forgetting that I still have that site on my servers. I will eventually take it down.

HTD is no longer in business. They sold their business back in 2004/05. I had my Fiero in their shop way back in 2003 - I didn't get it back until 2005. It took 2 years to get 3-4 months worth of work done. They sold their business and moved all their cars (including mine) without letting me know ahead of time. I showed up one weekend to see the progress and everything was moved to a new location. I had to threaten to take the car back and finish myself, and threaten with legal action in order to get it done :roll:

Spent way over $15K on engine swap, engine bay resto/paint, new brakes, shocks, etc. I probably spent another $3K fixing 60% of what they did. Garbage paint, bare metal that rusted. They did sub-standard work for the money I paid. I saw the user "farmer" on PFF trying to sell stored Fieros up in Orangeville - those were all HTD Fieros and the HTD owner owed thousands to the guy that stored them for him.

The only guy I know of that still offers Fiero work to local members is Joe (FieroShop Joe). He is on the old forum, but I'm not sure if he signed up to the new one. I just bought a supercharger kit for my 3.4L from a local member back in October, and he was having his 2.8L replaced with a 3800SC via Joe.

I've met Joe once. He does great work, super nice guy, and he's into doing the 3800SC swaps.

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 pm 
Guru

yup, Joe is now at engineered automotive...does gr8 work!