G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 pm 
wannabe

This summer has been really busy, between work, personal and other projects I haven't touched the Fiero project in months.....but that's changing now, I've spent a few days already on it with a big weekend of progress planned this weekend. I've completed all the tubing front and rear, re-tested the fit of the engine and rear clip, this weekend is the final push to get the whole chassis welded and ready for blasting and paint. Time to start actually building it......

Check the blog, www.coppertopautosports.blogspot.com for recent pics and updates.

Jer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 pm 
Addict

Hey Jer

I was wondering if you were still kicking... How is the leg?

I am going to drop by one of these days and check out the car... You crazy bastard could have bought a rust free frame from the southern USA for $500...but where is the fun in that ;)

Your welding and fab skills are awesome... Nice work!

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:20 am 
wannabe

Thanks Pete, yeah I'm still around, leg is doing great, fully active again and it's probably in better shape than when I broke it, took up mountain biking so if hurling myself down a mountain running (how I originally broke it) now I'm hurling myself on a bike at speed down a mountain........lol

Jer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 pm 
wannabe

Just did another blog update, car is welded and ready for the sandblaster and painting........next week is vacation so I'll have to do some searching for a place to do it when I get back.

Jer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:52 pm 

I have been in the same boat, not having any time to work on my project. I'm always surprised how much I love working on my stuff and how easy it is to just let it stand for so long. Funny mix but there it is.

Good luck,

Aaron