G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Minor setback
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 pm 
Single again

Was heading to Canadian Tire today to get a muffler hanger, shifted in to 2nd, and then there was no resistance on my shifter.... thought it had popped off the tranny end, it's been doing that (Rodney was going to send me a new cable end to fix it). Unfortunately it was worse than that, there was no movement at all from the shifter end to the transmission. I manually put it into 2nd gear and drove home at about 40 kph (luckily I was only about 5KM away) rather than wait for a tow truck. Pulled the pin off the shifter end, gave it a wee tug and...... CRAP!!! Looks like I'm outta commission until I can get a new cable :evil:

Post subject: Re: Minor setback
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:26 pm 
Fieronut

looks familiar, I went through three selector cables like that till I bought a set of Rodney Dickmans cables, haven't broken one since.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:00 pm 
Single again

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. You must've been speed shifting! LOL. Was there any resistance following up to the breaking point? Perhaps a prior indicator something was not right?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 pm 
Single again

There did seem to be some 'catching' when I was going into gear, but it could have been my imagination, not used to the new tranny, or a combination of both. Either way I'm still trying to source a new cable, but it looks like I may have found a place in California that will make me one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm 
Fieronut

netcam wrote:
There did seem to be some 'catching' when I was going into gear, but it could have been my imagination, not used to the new tranny, or a combination of both. Either way I'm still trying to source a new cable, but it looks like I may have found a place in California that will make me one.

Honestly, Rodney is the way to go for cables, I've never heard any problems with his cables at all. I have them in my GT.