G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 am 
Single again

Well people, as the title implies, "what did you do to your Fiero today?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:06 am 
Single again

I built a simple home made cradle using 2"x2"x1/8" square tubing. It's only tacked together for now. And yes, it fits in the car perfectly! The nice thing is, I built it on a "fitting table" which is perfectly level and you can keep things square so much more easily then just building on the garage floor! The eagle-eyed among you will see that the lower control arm attachment points are designed for the 84-87 Fiero lower control arms. I then bought, (the very next day), a set off 88 knuckles. So, I'm going to hunt for the 88 specific trailing, lateral and radius arms. I'll change my cradle slightly to accommodate the new design. Don't worry, I'll post a few pics along the way.

Last edited by Lunatic on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 am 
wannabe

Continued the painting process on small parts since my chassis paint didn't show up........somebody south of the border thought that having Thanksgiving 8 weeks after the true Thanksgiving was a smart idea. :)

Jer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:02 pm 
Guru

Jer, looks like Christmas already. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:50 pm 
Single again

Well, today I sheared up some 16 gauge sheet metal. This was then formed on the CNC brake and voila. I now have new upper frame rails! Woo hoo! I have to have something to do over the Christmas holidays after all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:19 am 
Fieronut

I got to work more on the T-top today. Front cross member is removed and not much left on the frame now. Gas tank needs to be dropped, coolant tubes and few other little things. Then the frame can be easily flipped to work on the lower rails and other parts rusting away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:31 am 
wannabe

Finished painting up the last two motor mounts last night and started polishing up the turbo intake tubes........still waiting on chassis paint

Jer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:03 pm 
Single again

Well I don't come even close to the kind of work you guys are doing, but today I finally got one side of my suspension complete - Eibach lowering springs, new sway bar links and Monroe Sensa-trac shocks. Now I just need to put the brakes and wheels back on. Wish I had the time to strip, clean and paint everything, but that will have to wait until spring :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:25 am 
wannabe

I took my car out of the garage and started it for the first time in months...
Put on my replacement clip...
found out I have an exhaust leak at the Y-pipe AND the rear manifold...
and when i looked at the coolant I found it was brownish...
I did a coolant flush last winter before i put her away because the green coolant in there was foggy. Replaced with the universal stuff (yellow).
I know it looks like stop leak, but i've had the car since 2007 and never put any of that crap in there.
Oil look good too, so i assume my head gasket is intact(?)
Hope i didnt F things up...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:12 am 
Single again

Hey Adam,

Your car looks like it's in the same state of disassembly as mine! Let me know if you need and sheet metal. I can shear up (and form if need be) what you need. I also know of a nice rear section that could be removed with the help of a Sawzall. Now should you want the sell the T-top...let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:20 am 
Single again

Dugg33,

Why the replacement clip? Was the old one damaged? If you need anything, let me know. I have lots of parts that I'll just give away! Well, to member's on here that is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:25 am 
Fieronut

Lunatic wrote:
Hey Adam,

Your car looks like it's in the same state of disassembly as mine! Let me know if you need and sheet metal. I can shear up (and form if need be) what you need. I also know of a nice rear section that could be removed with the help of a Sawzall. Now should you want the sell the T-top...let me know.

eventually I will have to get some sheet metal for repairs. Going back to storage today to clean out the scrap metal and garbage lying around. Then try to get the car upside-down to do the repairs on it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:08 am 
wannabe

Last night I worked on plugging up the small rust pin holes that blasting showed up, found out that I need to do some work to the right rear frame, the car was in an accident a long time ago, damage wasn't bad but it did leave a bit of a kink on the lower part of the frame, I saw it but didn't think much about it until after blasting, the kink rusted out too much and now I've gotta cut out and replace a section where the subframe bolts up.

Thats on tonight's list of work, as well the paint came in finally so I'm going to start painting up the smaller pieces, tomorrow night paint will be applied to the chassis.

Jer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:44 am 
wannabe

Quote:
Dugg33,

Why the replacement clip? Was the old one damaged? If you need anything, let me know. I have lots of parts that I'll just give away! Well, to member's on here that is.

My orig. clip was cracked and I got a notchie clip for free so I put it on rather than do body work.

I'll PM you about parts! Thx for the help!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:13 am 
wannabe

Started painting last night........I feel like beating somebody right now, when I bought the paint I clearly asked (and sent a pic) how much paint do you think this would require, they told me one quart was more than enough, I was second guessing this but ultimately went with how much they told me.........wrong, I'm almost half a quart in and I'm nearly done the subframes. I'm thinking that I might have just enough to paint the bottom of the car, now I gotta order more and play the waiting game with a bare metal chassis.

Jer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next