G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who else?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 pm 
Fieronut

Spent the weekend getting the GT ready for another summer, brought her home today after work. Nice weather and good feeling driving it once again, think I still have a couple of bugs to work out though. :roll:
Who else has their car home & ready for another summer? 8-)

Post subject: Re: Who else?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 pm 
Guru

NOT yet, in a couple of weeks hopefully.... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:02 pm 
Addict

Blu's buried deep this year so probably won't be until May. Just rounding the project corner on the Karmann Ghia in the garage so it may be the first one back up and running.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 am 
Addict

I am still trying to figure out what is worse all the snow or the flooding it is doing while melting then I hope to get my car out and on the road. Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:15 pm 

I think another 2 weeks --need more rain to get rid of any salt still around. Cant wait though :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:56 pm 
wannabe

I've been going Into my garage starting and sitting in my car but alas I need to figure out where I can go to get my exhaust made for my 3800NA swap, last fall stupid Carline (custom car exhaust shop!) in Alliston said they could do it no problem. I showed them the tight setup people do to avoid cutting the trunk, told them I have a Fiero specific Spin tech muffler a bullet high flow cat and a exhaust donut to cut for the bends they said no problem. Made an appointment, and paid $50 to have car towed to their shop a few days later they say they can't do it without cutting the trunk they kept saying they can't fit a flex pipe in the setup I told them it doesn't need one.
They then say the won't do it because they stand behind there work and they can't fit the smallest flex pipe they can get in the system.
I was pissed I had to spend another $50 to have the car towed home. I can't believe they call themselves a custom exhaust shop, they made me waste $100 in towing to and from. :x

Any how that's why I'm trying to figure out what to do next, and I can't wait to get her back on the road. But hey no exhaust sure sounds sweet!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 pm 
wannabe

I got my license plates for mine on Tuesday, and drove it in to work today. Fun drive, but I've got to do something about the cassette radio :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 pm 
Addict

SaturnTO, if you happen to go to Barrie you may want to try Bayside Automotive. They probably won't be able to do the work but they are the go-to place for short track racing in the area - they might be able to steer you to someone who can.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:27 am 
Addict

Got mine out today. It's still a little cold but the forecast up here looked like it would be another couple weeks until a half decent day came back, so it was time! Snow and zero degrees on Tuesday, hope you enjoy your summer today!

Winter can suck it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:55 am 
wannabe

Hey SaturnTO. Just a thought .......Take a look at my build thread and see what you think of my exhaust. I originally built it to get the car running with the thought of changing it later but once it was done I ended up really liking it. I used the downpipe with the flex from the grand prix and just pie cut it to clear the trunk then picked up a Y from parts source along with two cats and two inline mufflers with some elblows..... Make some creative cuts to fit it together and just use some clamps to hold it till you can get it welded up. I thought my car would be crazy loud but it is actually quiter than the ones I've seen with the spintecs. If you want to meet up some time to have a look and listen let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm 

Now that Spring is finally here, it's time to be a busy bee. wallet getting thinner, heartbeat getting quicker ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 pm 

Just changing a motor mount on mine sometime this week, then ready to blast!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 pm 
Single again

Still waist deep in my basement reno, so the Fiero is unfortunately taking a back seat :(

Still have a laundry list of things I need to get done and no time to do it:

New inner door panels/speakers
New front calipers and pads/rotors all around
Replace faulty TPS
New outer door handles
Blower motor
High beam switch

At least I got the springs and ball joints done (sort of) before winter, so I can still drive....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:34 am 
Single again

Mine is still in many pieces! You guys are lucky to have yours out and enjoying it. I'm working on mine build as often as I can but I need more time! I do hope to meet a few of you this year. So many stories to tell, so many nice people to meet. But I do have a 98 Firebird Formula with the LS1 and T-tops so even if I don't come out to a meet and greet with a Fiero, at least I'll be bringing a Pontiac.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:07 pm 
Addict

Fuckin Hell ! No time right now and haven't even been keeping track of forum(s). My '88 Formula was completely destroyed late last year, I will be stripping it to salvage anything that is still useable. I've been extremely busy with work this year, Railway, $$$, polar vortex, grain, oil etc. so... I just bought a 2011 Silverado LT reg cab 6.0 ltr. 2500HD with 16,000 Km's and looking for a new or slightly used 22'-28' Featherlite 4926 car hauler. I'm seriously looking for one of these trailers, difficult to find up here, so I may need to make a trip to the States during my vacation time May 26-July 3rd. If anyone is thinking about bringing a car back from the States this summer, lemme know.