G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:59 am 

Two things that I've wanted to get repaired since I bought my fiero is the paint and headliner.

The paint on the hood and truck isn't great, though its mainly just the clear coat that's going away, and a few paint chips around other panels of the car.

Does anyone know of a reputable painter for the fiero? I don't need or want show car level, but the rest of the paint is pretty decent and would like to get a proper job done.

Secondly, I need to get my headliner recovered. I've considered doing it myself but I'm not sure if I'm confident enough with fabric. Either way I need to source the fabric and/or find a shop that can recover it for me if I go down that route. My car has a sunroof so from what I've read, that's somewhat a blessing, and I'm going to stay with the stock light grey. Any information in the right direction would be great.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:35 am 
Addict

Knowing where you are located would go a long way to recommending a shop.

In the Hamilton area, Ottawa Auto Body, on Lansing Blvd is the place most of the locals looking for near-show, or show quality work flock to. http://www.ottawa-auto.com

I had my car painted there and they did an absolutely outstanding job.

As for the headliner, I had mine done by a place in Grimsby. Again a fabulous job. If you are local, I will find the contact info.

1991 Beretta GTZ W-41 Quad 4

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:30 am 

My location would be helpful now wouldn't it. Completely forgot about that and thought it was in my profile. Anyhow fixed now. I'm in Toronto. But if nessisary I will travel for quality work, it just might make it a bit more difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:07 am 
Gold Member

Did you end up getting the car painted? I want to get mine freshened up and I am looking for a place to do a decent job.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:15 am 
Addict

Check out Luciani's Auto Body in Concord (Hwy 7 and Jane area). He has painted a Fiero for me 20 years ago that I saw recently and it still looks great. He does a lot of work on Corvettes, so he is comfortable with urethane and fiberglass. Very detail oriented, a true craftsman. Ask for Dominic