G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trucker to USA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:19 am 
Addict

Hey folks

I believe there are one or two members here who are truckers? I have 3 skids of Fiero parts to go to New Jersey ASAP, and want to see if they can help or make a recommendation as to who to use for LTL freight. Customs declaration , etc is ready to go

thanks

Post subject: Re: Trucker to USA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:36 am 
Gold Member

What you didn't post any of those parts up for sale on this forum?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:42 pm 
Addict

I had so much stuff to sell that it would have taken forever to list individually. Plus there are too many tire kickers in the Fiero world who talk a good game, but don't want to spend money :)

I sold all my stuff for more than I received for my car. You saw my car. It was a mint 88 GT, but the swap was not professionally done so it actually lowered the value of the car than if I had left it stock.

I may still get back into Fieros eventually as I absolutely love these shitty, heavy, slow, unreliable old shitboxes :) For now, I just wanted to free up space in my garage and received a crazy amount of money for all of my parts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:00 am 
Addict

Well sorry to see you go. Like though many of us, eliminating your only car is not necessarily synonymous with never owning another one ... or two :).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:51 am 
Gold Member

You sound like one of those guys who quits smoking and bashes all smokers from here on in!! Don't put the car down just because you had a bad experience with your swap and sold it all.

most of us are happy with these cars regardless if they are not that fast. No different than someone who is in to fiats!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:20 pm 
Addict

It's not bashing- it is an opinion based on the many Fieros I have owned, and you are not the only one entitled to have an opinion. How many have you owned and how many KM have you driven in Fieros? I have had at least 7 88 GTs, 4-5 87 GT and SE, and a whole pile of earlier cars that I kept briefly when I was young

They are a fun hobby car, but everything listed about them is true. I have had close to 20 of them on the road since the early 90's, have driven hundreds of thousands of kilometers in Fieros, so I am basing my opinion on my experiences. They are a great cult classic car, kind of like VW Bugs, DeLorean, Bricklin, etc, especially for people who have the time and skills to do their own work on them, like many guys on this forum or on PFF. That does not mean that it is a great car- it just means that is is a fun car with a loyal following, and a great hobby. They are a great looking car that still can turn heads, I was not bashing anyone, so relax. I completely understand why many people, myself included, have a soft spot for these cars despite their shortcomings. However due to their age and scarcity in parts and service availability, I have made a decision to go another route instead.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:15 pm 
Gold Member

Hahah it's so easy to get you wound up! Too easy! I say thumper bands you from the site you don't have a fiero !! Lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:14 pm 
Addict

I am not wound up at all. I asked a question about trucking- you decided to post in my thread, so I replied to your question- even though it had nothing to do with trucking

I did get my trucking stuff taken care of, thanks to someone in the industry who replied so it's all taken care of

Merry Christmas everyone

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]