G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:40 am 
Addict

This is a general statement to anyone involved with the hobby, but to sum it up, we're all a bunch of hacks ! The whole idea of the hobby is to enjoy, rebuilding, improving, upgrading, learning, friendship and the community, being helpful to each other, That's what people are on here are about, lot's of people have helped me and I try to help whenever I'm able, If something is screwed up, show some skill and make it right, ask for help, stop complaining and blaming.

Dorai ate my dinner and you don't hear me going on about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:25 pm 
Guru

ya know, I can see both sides of it.
but c'mon, the past is in the past. enough already. let it go.
live & learn.
be reasonable, cause no one's perfect. even professional mechanics/experts make mistakes but once egos get in the way, nothing gets fixed.
as with most things in life, buyer beware or do it yourself or don't do it at all.
complain constructively; it works really well 98% of the time!
and treat others the same way u wanna be treated otherwise shut your mouths or get lost.
oh and maybe use p messaging instead.

& man, if there ever is a physical fight some day, just remember there may be premeditated 'intent to harm/assault' documented here now. is it worth it? just sayin.

what else can I say?
we have been a shrinking community for years & if we don't help each other out with expertise, parts, 2nd set of hands, events etc then we all lose & this will all be history.

Dave e Bouy near sarnia may be able to help too if he can...who else not already mentioned?

Dorai eyed my food too. Hmm. beware people. ;)

oh & Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm 
Addict

Thanks for the comments Nick and Rob. You are right, and it is time for me to stop with my grudge. Life is too short to waste, and I have made my share of mistakes in the past... and don't want people holding grudges against me for the rest of my life either.

Consider the hatchet buried :)

p.s. I am not too worried about tough guy Dan coming over and making minced meat out of my face...LOL. If he comes over, I will just give him a big hug and a wet kiss....

Thanks for the input guys. I do apologize for me dragging out my personal grudge in public for far too long. I just wanted this 80's shitbox to be fun and reliable after the swap. Money is no object- I didn't negotiate on price and if it cost double or tripe to do the job properly, I would have paid it. I didn't know any different and my expectations were based on promises rather than facts. I was promised a swap that would run properly and be reliable. Instead, I had endless problems and breakdowns due to subpar workmanship (not mechanical failures). It is easy to say "What did you expect- look at what you paid"... but I did not set the prices. I paid what was agreed to, not a penny less. I was not given the option of a quality swap, vs a half assed swap, and a price difference between the two. That is my beef. However, it is done, and I do get your points.. Live and learn

Hope to see everyone this summer for a BBQ. Watch for details. Nick, you'd better bring the FireStarter, and I am never following behind you again on a cruise. You are a way better driver than I am, and I am too insecure to admit it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:55 am 
Addict

See what I know is last time I saw this car I drove in it the car was running very nicely had done some adjustments to get the shifter better and he was driving it nice and hard. Only problem at this point was leaky headers that was it every thing else was good. Car had made the three hour trip to and from my home with no problem at all He was quite happy with the car. Then a week or so later heater hose goes most likely from every thing being moved around dealing with headers. That was it he fixed the leak him self when I did not get there fast enough and the insults started. Only complaint I have ever heard from him was weak tranny mounts which I offered to strengthen and offered to add in a second dog bone. There was nothing else wrong with this car. Now I have heard every insult possible about the car even though it was still on the road running but have yet to see any proof from him of problems. Now maybe the tranny mounts are a bit weak easy fix but can not be too weak cause they still have not broken or let go.
What pissed him off was last visit he had to wait a bit for me to work on it some thing he really did not like doing even though I opened my house and garage to him on a Sunday of a holiday weekend now try and get a garage to do that and see what happens. Basically he has made up all sorts of crap and never shown any proof just constant attacks against me on line even put up a video at one point of car running complaining of engine movement but all I heard was compliments from people that watched it saying swap looked real nice and sounded great. At that point which was over a year after swap that was all he mentioned to be wrong nothing more. Even in his last post here he still insults car just acts like he will be the bigger man and stop this crap but at no point admits the car was and still is fine. As for cost of swap there was tons of complaints from him about how much money had been spent on this car but that was all in parts my labour was through bartering for a car he refused to give me a receipt for so in a way I did not get paid for my work but no mention of that now is there other then bragging about it when I went to sell the car a year or so ago when he went messaging any one that showed interest and telling them I did not own the car and that it was stolen preventing any sale of the car.
Basically you go moving things around in the engine bay messing with leaky headers and using a hack saw to cut them and things will get disturbed but that is nothing that can not easily be fixed with a few tie straps or clamps.
He threatened to ruin my life as he said and was going to do what ever it takes to ruin my business working on these cars to show how much smarter he thinks he is well not smarter just a better liar and years of being a sales man do shine right through on him. This was not because of any thing wrong with the car but because of his ego and high school childish attitude. So believe what ever you want most of you know me and many have been to my place before I have always been kind to Fiero people and gone out of my way to help them when and where I could. I have built so many of these cars and only ever had a few problems all of which I fixed under warranty other then this one persons and really think about who would after the insults that were thrown at me, never any actual proof just insults. There was no need for him to pull this crap other then childish ego cause he saw a car nicer then his a car that had been built over years not weeks with lots of money spent hell on his build his biggest concern was keeping every thing looking stock and not to even paint the engine or remove the wreckers writing on it to make sure the wreckers would warranty the engine if it failed. The biggest mistake he made was not getting me to build it his mistake was getting WCF headers and that is what started all the problems and was his only complaint to me before the insults started to which I offered to put the exhaust back to what it was before the headers. If I sucked so much why come back for a second swap and then to have the second one redone with the F23 after he destroyed his Getrag doing wide open shifts. Only problem at all with his first swap was the alt broke off a bolt and a piece had to be cut off the tranny because it touched the cradle. reason for tranny was his first one did not shift properly so I got him a replacement that was out of a 2011 car with next to no miles and the housing of the tranny was different and needed the one tab cut off which I did as warranty I even absorbed the cost difference from the 99 tranny to the 2011 tranny myself.
So yes this is a small community that is shrinking maybe he has not helped there but just wait till one of you pisses him off and see the type of person he really is see how you react to the type of things he has called me and my family.
There is nothing wrong with the swaps I have done I am not a hack as he calls it I build good cars at a very reasonable price and am still doing so even with his childish insults. Cause this entire pile of crap has been about attitude not actual problems with this car. Some thing he will never admit to cause he thinks he is better then every one else and has quite the temper problem with his mouth.
So you want to say its over then do so with out the insults or accusations with crap about expectations and promises I built you car exactly how you asked me to even though I did not want to use the headers and tried to talk you out of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:42 am 
Addict

The End.