G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is this site dead?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:04 pm 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

I feel ya, been busy as heck too, after I took out the drive train for some work at the end of June I finally gave up at the end of august. I decided to install my goodies since it's out and coming back with a bit more "spirit" in the spring hehe :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:35 pm 
Guru

sbc wrote:
I feel ya, been busy as heck too, after I took out the drive train for some work at the end of June I finally gave up at the end of august. I decided to install my goodies since it's out and coming back with a bit more "spirit" in the spring hehe :twisted:

what did you do?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:12 pm 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

Swapped cars being what they are "plans" went by the wayside:

Original plan: full stack intercooler, Polished Gen V blower, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, 60 lb injectors, 2nd PLOG, new dogbone and tensioner setup, 8 rib SC belt setup, relocate battery to front, new 8mm plug wires, install fiero freak fuel rails and some fixes (throwout bearing). Sounds like a doable list right? Wrong haha

Reality: rebuild and reinforce 2 mounting points on the cradle (one cracked and tore), repair and replace 2 mounts (bent and cracked a 1/4" plate steel mount, designed and built new dogbone and tensioner setup out of 1/4" steel, blasted and powder coated all of the mounts, redesigned the fuel system...and replaced the fuel rail 3 times due to two failures (1 in Carslile), redid all of the swap wiring, replaced and relocated the coil packs and built a custom mount for them, all new coolant hoses in back of car, repaired (straightened a kinked) pass side coolant tube, converted to 8 rib SC belt setup, installed rest of my braided brake lines, new WALBRO 255lph fuel pump with the proper "submersible" rubber hose ($35 a foot!!), repaired and painted gas tank, new rear sway bar end links, relocated battery to front, bought new battery as the old one croaked even though it was stored inside, converted to 84 washer tank, redid how my fenders, skirts, and side scoops mount to the car (threaded rivets and stainless screws, plus nylon bolts for skirts), learned a new way to bleed the clutch hydraulics as mine was full of air and wouldn't bleed even with a 1 way bleeder, modified /prepped and painted front end for FMIC, changed out my axles for loaned stockers (thanks Adam!) as one was clicking and the other fell apart while moving/cleaning the trans ... did the annual Autolite Copper 103 plugs and oil change etc...lol

Test drove it the day before Carlisle (and lost my shift cable end on the hwy...lol) fixed that and finished final tweaks and oil change at 2am, woke up to drive 11 hours at 4:30am

Then once in Carlisle my second custom fuel rail blew up, but not before my dads alternator died and I replaced both in the hotel parking lot in between rain storms. haha

Been enjoying it ever since, other than having to change to a shorter 8 rib belt and possibly losing some boost because of the other one that was too loose it has behaved so far.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 am 
Guru

sbc wrote:
Swapped cars being what they are "plans" went by the wayside:

Original plan: full stack intercooler, Polished Gen V blower, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, 60 lb injectors, 2nd PLOG, new dogbone and tensioner setup, 8 rib SC belt setup, relocate battery to front, new 8mm plug wires, install fiero freak fuel rails and some fixes (throwout bearing). Sounds like a doable list right? Wrong haha

Reality: rebuild and reinforce 2 mounting points on the cradle (one cracked and tore), repair and replace 2 mounts (bent and cracked a 1/4" plate steel mount, designed and built new dogbone and tensioner setup out of 1/4" steel, blasted and powder coated all of the mounts, redesigned the fuel system...and replaced the fuel rail 3 times due to two failures (1 in Carslile), redid all of the swap wiring, replaced and relocated the coil packs and built a custom mount for them, all new coolant hoses in back of car, repaired (straightened a kinked) pass side coolant tube, converted to 8 rib SC belt setup, installed rest of my braided brake lines, new WALBRO 255lph fuel pump with the proper "submersible" rubber hose ($35 a foot!!), repaired and painted gas tank, new rear sway bar end links, relocated battery to front, bought new battery as the old one croaked even though it was stored inside, converted to 84 washer tank, redid how my fenders, skirts, and side scoops mount to the car (threaded rivets and stainless screws, plus nylon bolts for skirts), learned a new way to bleed the clutch hydraulics as mine was full of air and wouldn't bleed even with a 1 way bleeder, modified /prepped and painted front end for FMIC, changed out my axles for loaned stockers (thanks Adam!) as one was clicking and the other fell apart while moving/cleaning the trans ... did the annual Autolite Copper 103 plugs and oil change etc...lol

Test drove it the day before Carlisle (and lost my shift cable end on the hwy...lol) fixed that and finished final tweaks and oil change at 2am, woke up to drive 11 hours at 4:30am

Then once in Carlisle my second custom fuel rail blew up, but not before my dads alternator died and I replaced both in the hotel parking lot in between rain storms. haha

Been enjoying it ever since, other than having to change to a shorter 8 rib belt and possibly losing some boost because of the other one that was too loose it has behaved so far.

GEEZ WE'RE INSANE!

KNOCK ON WOOD TOO!