G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this site dead?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:39 am 

Unfortunately the Fiero community in Toronto seems to be all but gone. Rarely do I see Fieros on the road, and its almost as rare to see new posts on this board. I guess it was inevitable given the relatively low value of these cars versus the cost of doing any kind of major repair work. I already miss the annual Fiero shows. On the bright side, whenever I take my car out it gets more and more attention. Would be nice to have company though!

Post subject: Re: Is this site dead?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:44 am 
wannabe

I subscribe to the RSS feed and see all new threads. Granted, there are not very many.

I'd like to be organize a few drives, but honestly, I haven't really had enough free time to find a route and plan an event.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:19 pm 

I know there used to be some cruises down in the Burlington area, but thats a long drive from where I am in Ajax. Not so much the distance, but more the fear of getting stuck in a two hour traffic jam on the 401. Not sure how many Fieros there are in Durham anymore? Probably isnt more that a couple of dozen in the whole GTA anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:01 pm 
wannabe

I actually saw one on in Mississauga last week. First one I have seen on the road in a long time.

Hope to have mine on the road soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:32 pm 

Oh great, the only guy on here and your Fiero isn't drivable lol :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 pm 
wannabe

Hasn't been drivable since last August lol. Actually turned it on Sunday. Was running nice until I noticed the fuel absolutely pissing out and steaming on the exhaust manifold lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:01 pm 
wannabe

I drive mine every day to work and back, from Alliston all the way down the 400 to Toronto and it's rare I ever see a Fiero, but that goes for any vehicle made in the 80's lol. And yet no one ever spots me. If you want to go for a cruise sometime give me shout, my Fireo needs to get out and see her siblings every now and then. Lol
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:22 pm 

I've actually been frequently seeing Fieros in Newmarkt. In my sightings thread I actually saw 3 Fireos in one day (one in Toronto, 2 in Newmarkt). I was glad I was driving mine that day. I saw another in Newmarkt this past weekend. Highest concentration of sightings I've had. Didn't know there was so many active drivers up there (well 3.....)

The forum has been quiet this year. I've forgot to come by here, check and respond as often I would like. Seem to get distracted. And I find myself browsing forums on my mobile more, through tapatalk and unfortunately the only forums that aren't on there that I follow is this one and pennock's

I used to have the Fiero as my daily driver but now living in Toronto its just not fun driving it in traffic. With the risk of getting hit constantly causing my stress level to go up and no A/C I decided to make it a weekend only car. So classic insurance with historic plates this year. Which means I can't and don't use it to run errands but if I'm going any decent distance out of city I'll drive it.

Good idea on the RSS feed seq, I used to have a few feeds setup but not anymore. Might have to set them up again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:20 am 
Fieronut

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD

"I'm not dead yet!"

Yes you are, you will be soon. :lol: classic 8-)

Our forum is not as busy as Pennocks but we're still here. We don't have post whores here who need to post every little detail of their life but it is nice to see new things pop up. A friend from Mid Atlantic Fiero Organization (MAFO) was up here last weekend for the Zcon meet (Datsun/Nissan z bodies) He saw one Fiero last Friday going down the 400 north of the city. Red notchie with black stripes on it, he got up to 95 MPH trying to catch up to the guy but lost him in traffic. :shock: Is the owner here on the forum?

I've been busy the last week working on the "SBC" Fiero doing a brake upgrade and few other things need doing. If you've been on the 401 between Kingston and Brock St, you may have seen my green Fiero. Bout to head back there soon and hopefully finish it off today. By the way "SBC" means Stupid Blue Car and it's been living up to it's name. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:52 am 

Its nice to know that there are at least a few people out there anyway. And I haven't seen another Fiero in Ajax in several years. Seems the 84 notchies are the rarest of all. I wouldn't doubt that there is less than a handful on the road across the GTA.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:47 pm 

I just took my Fiero out this year at the end of July. I thought if I don't take it out now it won't see the road this summer. Again it put a smile on my face. Down here in Niagara I don't see many fieros on the road. I have not seen another one this year.I would love to do a cruise in the Burlington or Niagara area. If anyone is interested let me know. I can help set one up if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:17 pm 
Guru

NOT DEAD (:

I usually organize the cruises (at least 3-4 per yr), and did a show & tell last year in Gananoque, but this is an off year for me wrt get2gethers.
will hopefully resume next season!

but yes less of us on the road, & I don't enjoy the traffic/heat/blind idiots levels either...i must be getting older, lol!

also, all the facebook fiero pages are more active & easier for most people to use vs forums the last couple of years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:15 am 
Addict

"... I think I'm going for a walk ...".

Really, I think it's been a nastily hot summer, and thoughts of driving about in a non- air-conditioned car or hanging about in a parking lot just are not top priorities. I ended up leaving mine in storage again this year - 2nd year :(. Haven't even been out on the bike much either. As always though, looking forward to the cooler temps of the fall and what I deem to be the perfect cruising time of the year.

And ya, I'll post when I need to, or can respond with something to add, but that's about it. Fiero.nl is great as well, but to sift though all that, rather post a question here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 pm 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

I'm in Bowmanville and do cruises too, none this fall though, my red beast is down for some refreshing and upgrades. We get together pretty regularly, we usually have 3 to 5 fieros cruise up to Classics on Kent in Lindsay. And I did a ganaraska highlands "spirited" cruise this spring with 3 other fiero/ buddies and also a few last fall with thumpr

P.s. I used to own SBC now a good friend of mine has it, hence the name.

Pps. Ohniko does awesome cruises, we've had more than a dozen fiero's go including from NY, we miss you Nick...lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:50 pm 
Guru

lol, miss u guys too & fiero 'spirited' driving.
sorry, nothing going on my end for this year.need to get cloned...
hope to come back with a vengeance in 2017 though...