G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:38 am 

Hello

Dan3800 Did a swap for me about a year ago. Had the car running, Not driving. Then about last week the car start. It turns over, I spray Quick Start in the intake and it starts but then it cuts off after. I changed the fuel pump. Checked if fuel was coming through the lines and it was. Not sure what the problem is now. Any good mechanics that you can refer me to?. Or maybe suggest something? I can check or do or change.

Thank you for your help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:47 am 
Fieronut

Did you have the passkey disabled? Dan is still here on the board, he might be able to help you out and tell you what he did when he programmed the PCM.

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:07 am 
Addict

Do you have good pressure at the shrader valve or is fuel just trickling out, with the rails primed fuel should spray out the valve quite high.
Also make sure you have ignition power to the injectors could be just a blown fuse. the injectors get their power from the inj 1 fuse in the panel up under the driver's side dash.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:31 am 

x-thumpr-x
I have no clue for passkey. What and where is that located?. Do you have the contact info. for Dan3800?, That will be helpful.

Darn Cars.
The pressure when I press it does rise high (sometimes) Then sometimes just pours out, or maybe I press it when ignition is off that's why it pours low?.
I know fuel is coming through the lines, I took it off on top of the engine and turned the ignition on then it started pouring out.
Should I try this with the ignition on ? or off ?.
I will check the ignition power to the injectors and the fuse.

Thank you so much for the help guys I will check those 2 things again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:35 pm 
Single again

Your last reply there was to Dan :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:14 pm 
Addict

Turn the key on and off a few times with out starting the engine then check at this point fuel should spray out with good pressure.
Could be bad fuel clogging things but doubt that unless it is really old gas and has sat a while. Could be the fuel filter is clogged or the injectors are not getting their pulse from the PCM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:40 pm 

Hello guys

Some progress. The car started !. Now I checked the fuses, I checked the pressure and ignition everything was good. Kept it on the battery charger and fired it up.
It started. Kept it running for a few minutes.

Heres the problem

When I went to change the gear to 1st. It stopped.

When I put it in 1st gear then started the car. It wont start.

Then when I put the car in neutral. It didn't start for about 2-3 times. Then finally it started.

When I try to switch the gears. I am also hearing a lot of grinding. It won't let me go into the gear properly. Plus the engine cuts off.

Right now I tried started it again and it won't start anymore. So back to the same problem. It was running fine until I decided to change the gear to make it move.

Dan3800 or Darn Cars can you please email me at eaeperformance@gmail.com ? Because this website says I am a new member and I can send any private msgs.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do. This is getting so difficult.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:39 pm 
Fieronut

fierogt wrote:
Dan3800 or Darn Cars can you please email me at eaeperformance@gmail.com ? Because this website says I am a new member and I can send any private msgs.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do. This is getting so difficult.

Thank you

I can fix that so you can send PM's. New members can PM after 5 messages on the board. It was set up to prevent spammers from flooding everybody with PM. try it now.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:06 am 
Addict

I can also be reached at darncars@live.com which is easier and faster way to get a hold of me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 pm 
Addict

Sounds like a few problems mostly clutch issues with the hydraulics. Second if the car has been sitting for close to two years the gas most likely went bad so you could have blockages any where. But the car just dieing as soon as you put it into gear all points at clutch.
When did I do this swap as I am having a hard time remembering the build that was started but never driven or even test driven.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 am 

Hello

Guys, Im still experiencing the same problem can anyone help me out?

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 pm 
Addict

Trying to find time to drop by and check it for you. been thinking is this the black lambo kitted Fiero.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:45 pm 

Hey Im still having problems with this car starting. Can anyone please help me out?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:19 pm 
Single again

Have you done a good clutch bleeding? Everything I'm seeing points to the clutch not fully disengaging, causing the car to stall when you put it into gear, and the grinding.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:35 pm 

it does sound suspiciously like a clutch problem. master slave cylinder? (same thing as Net cam was saying)

i would run the engine till the fan kicks in, then press the clutch a few times .all the way.then try a gear shift. I just think a nice warmed up engine would be easier to diagnosis a problem. have you tried driving out in 3rd gear? it can be done. but then again, if you heard grinding..