G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fiero Life
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:40 pm 
Addict

FieroGuru's 13" brake kit, EBC high carbon vented rotors, dimpled and slotted with EBC greenstuff's, powdercoated outers, Stainless braided flex hoses, also installed my '88 Koni front shocks today. 17" Centerline Forged RPM series, Black Pearl wrapped with BFG G-Force, KDW 2, Flame treads. 205-40XL-17's.

Last edited by NOTCH 8 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fiero Life
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 pm 
Single again

Sweeeeeet!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:33 am 
Fieronut

finally got the 13" rotors done, look nice. 8-)

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:00 am 
Addict

I haven't finished them, I wasn't paying attention when I put the front driver side rotor on, noticed afterward that I put a passenger side rotor on driver side, they're side specific.

I bought a new pair of BFG's for the rears, getting those tomorrow. It's still a long way from being done but getting closer.

I don't have an extra stock '88 rear sway bar if anyone know's of one locally ? I do have extra mounting brackets. Otherwise I'll be ordering a matched set of performance bars from R_Runner over the winter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:32 pm 
Addict

I cut off the old mild steel portion and cat that was put on for an emissions test a few years ago, ground off the old rusty weld, I need to pick up a reducer, 2-1/2" to a 2" to join it to my Borla I mig welded it with 308 SLI wire and a bottle of tri-mix.
The entire exhaust system is now T-304 Stainless, the West Coast Fiero headers and downpipe are ceramic coated black, gonna clean up the welds a bit and polish the lower section a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:28 pm 
Addict

Finally got the exhaust finished today, Nice thing about the '88 coupe is that it has dual cut out on rear fascia.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:56 am 
Addict

Dec 7th

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:31 am 
Addict

The reason I haven't updated my thread for a while! Sigh ! Formula is destroyed, I am cutting it up to salvage what remains. I was very busy with work this past year, bought a 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT reg cab 6.0 litre, 4x4 and last week I bought a 35' Gold Rush Gooseneck, tandem 9500 lb. axle, all aluminum car hauler. I am going down to Carlisle Pa. In a few weeks. I contacted Gold Rush located in Denver Pa. it's only 100 Kim's from Carlisle, so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone and take the trailer for a little upgrade(s).

The truck puts me in the commercial category, GVWR, need annual inspection, yellow sticker. Pita ! I was getting conflicting information, initially, Service Ontario supervisor told me I didn't need the yellow sticker on my trailer, wrong !

I read through the MTO website, double checked probably being overly cautious but I finally spoke to MTO Enforcement Supervisor Gord, he was very helpful.There is no classification on trailer, what makes a trailer an RV, " House Trailer ", not so clearly defined on MTO site, I was told it must have a washroom, bed and a sink.

The retarded thing now is I can't even pull my tiny little Fiero trailer with my truck, it's only 4'x4' box trailer, not that I would want to but if I did that trailer would require a yellow sticker, annual inspection.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:51 pm 
Addict

Jesus Rob! The more important thing is are you OK??

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm 
Addict

I was only a little banged up, another vehicle caused a delay in the intersection, going southwest in an eastbound lane ? Then this duckhead came through a very very stale red, admitted it to me, apologized and agreed to pay for my car, according to the cop he hit me at 55-60 kmh. Yeah right ! He was on the gas button, he's not even as old as my car. I took a face full of debris, spitting out my passenger side mirror. The day after, cop shows up and tells me he denied running the red, automatically ( NOT ! ) my fault, BS ! Sigh !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:29 pm 
Guru

WTF? GLAD you are ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:07 pm 
Addict

OHNIKO wrote:
WTF? GLAD you are ok.

Thanks Nick, The '88 Formula is stripped to the bone, I saved everything that was still good. I bought a 35' GoldRush all aluminum enclosed car hauler a couple weeks ago. http://www.goldrushinc.com

The trailer has hydraulic landing gear, winch, breaker panel etc. I'm planning some upgrade(s) for the trailer, first thing is toilet, sink and a bed. I contacted Motive Equipment Inc. arrange to purchase. http://www.motiveequipment.com/locomoti ... 219-me219b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:22 pm 
Addict

I went down to Carlisle with Adam, Luke and his father, had a great time !

so much easier working on the cars now, keeping busy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:02 pm 
Single again

That's a pretty sweet setup you've got there Rob!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:48 am 
Addict

Since the Formula got wrecked, I put that drivetrain in the black coupe, switched everything over to make it a standard. At least I can drive it meantime, I didn't get it 100% completed this year, need to reattach headliner, interior back together and a few things.

I bought an F40 6spd. from Joe a few years ago and finally getting everything together for 3800/F40. I bought the 05-07 Cobalt SS aftermarket 4340 axles from the Driveshaft Shop, Spec aluminum flywheel and PP stage 3+ clutch and htob spacer, got a new intermediate shaft from e-Bay. I was searching for a Quaife LSD and there are two different part numbers, I called Quiafe about the difference, they told me that the only difference is one is listed as a Saab part number but they are identical unit in every way, same spline count etc I found a NOS unit on EBay in the U.K. much cheaper even with the shipping. I need to install the LSD.

I'll need to get the flywheel balanced to the engine but I want to wait until I get the engine completed, because I want to go turbo, I will need to lower the compression, first I want to get the ZZ performance aluminum heads before they are sold out again, I figure the Pistons, cam etc. will be easier to obtain at a later time.

I'm looking at this Speeduino.com to run EMS. It's arduino based and uses Tunerstudio, I have a lot to learn in this area but it looks like it would work for my application.

Edit; something for air to air, driverside fastback quarter only, directed in-out,