G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wanted : EGR Mount/Studs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 pm 
wannabe

Ordered one from PFF from the states but its taking FOREVER. Want to get my project back on the road.

I am looking for the studs that hold the egr valve to the mount. (With nuts). Also if available the egr mount (the big piece of steel that the egr valve sits on and the studs travel through).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:24 pm 
Fieronut

I'm going back to storage tomorrow or Thursday, I might still have my complete y pipe from my old 2.8L still.

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:55 am 
Addict

Why don't you just go buy a couple studs from auto supply store, put a nut on top and one on the bottom, that's what I did last time I broke the stud on mine. I have a bucket full of EGR equipment but you're better off with new studs. Just place the the stud in the manifold flange holes, set EGR on it, nuts on top and bottom.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:00 am 
wannabe

I would have gone that route if I knew it would have been this long to get the used parts from the states. I am kind of commited to fixing it right now.

I also broke a stud on the egr pipe connection. Have yet to drill it out, which is why I am also looking for the mount.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:30 pm 
Fieronut

I got the whole y-pipe from my old 87 2.8L all EGR brackets & hardware still on it, just no EGR.

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 pm 
Addict

I have a few but they all have broken studs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 pm 
wannabe

x-thumpr-x wrote:
I got the whole y-pipe from my old 87 2.8L all EGR brackets & hardware still on it, just no EGR.

Can you see if the studs will release from the crossover? Dont want to replace the entire ypipe....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:19 am 
Fieronut

GodSend wrote:
x-thumpr-x wrote:

Can you see if the studs will release from the crossover? Dont want to replace the entire ypipe....

Sure I can try, if I need heat though, that will have to wait till next week, don't plan on going back to my shop till then. Heading up to a friends cottage Friday morning for the long weekend.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 am 
wannabe

Dam I was really hoping to get my hands on it this weekend. Believe it or not the package came to Mississauga, and for some reason got routed to REGINA! I spoke to a CR at canadapost who says they can't see the final delivery, and only the sender can open a case. But because it came from the USA he has to open it with USPS. THe sender is convinced its because I told him to send it "third side road" instead of "3rd side road" .. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:27 pm 
Fieronut

GodSend wrote:
Dam I was really hoping to get my hands on it this weekend. Believe it or not the package came to Mississauga, and for some reason got routed to REGINA! I spoke to a CR at canadapost who says they can't see the final delivery, and only the sender can open a case. But because it came from the USA he has to open it with USPS. THe sender is convinced its because I told him to send it "third side road" instead of "3rd side road" .. :lol:

yet the post office should be able to tell by the postal code and province that it wasn't meant to go to Regina. :shock:
Well I'm home today if you want to take the whole thing. It here with me in Scarborough, not in Whitby.

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:42 am 
wannabe

Thanks man. Actually looks like its being delivered today. Let me check out what I actually received and get back to you. WHo knows, I am still need parts. Not this weekend though of course.