G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:53 am 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

The bottom line price is 4000 no negotiating: I put about 10k into this build and probably 5-6 into the swap alone. The entire swap was done between late 2005 –late 2006 and the car was then daily driven in the summers until late 2010. It has only been driven occasionally since I got a swapped 88 in 2011. Circumstance has lead me to list this car at my rock bottom price. I am also selling my daily driver so if this does not sell for 4k it will become my dd.

The frame:
1986 coupe chassis.
Upper frame rails replaced with stainless steel, built to the proper shape then sand blasted and POR 15'd.
Battery tray and hold down replaced with fiero store.
Rear of the chassis was sandblasted and POR 15`d
Cradle was sand blasted and powder coated and had poly installed in the control arms and cradle bushings.

The Body:
Converted to a 1986 GT body with new sail panels. Needs paint.
Installed properly, some rivets were replaced with threaded aluminum rivets and stainless screw and the bottom rocker panel were replaced with nylon bolts and nuts. The whole car can be taken apart without drilling.
All new ball joints
all new ebrake cables
Healights upgraded to a stock looking housing that uses a seperate bulb, output is much better than stock

The drive train:
Converted from auto to manual, I will only list the brand new parts.
New master and slave
New shift and select cable
Rodney Dickman poly mounts trans and engine
Rodney Dickman FWD getrag conversion
5spd Getrag out of a 1990 Cavalier
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
2001 Grand Am 3400 currently with 60 K km(I installed it with 40 and drove 20k km)
Upper plenum 3400 lettering shaved down. Sandblasted and powder coated red along with the valve covers
Custom dogbone mount that goes to the stock location and uses Rodney`s ultimate dogbone
Engine uses a 1987 timing cover, alternator and water pump all of these parts except for the cover are new
New Plug Wires
Custom 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust that has a catalytic converter, a flowmaster 40 series style muffler, oval tips, and retains the full trunk
Holley style side scoop feeding directly into a 3" thin wall intake tube that goes to a "stock looking" fiero cannister that houses a K and N filter and has the three prong bolt holder removed and replaced with a custom knife edged two prong bolt holder.

The install was built to perform but look factory stock, unless someone knows what a fiero plennum and valve covers look like they will have no idea whats in the engine bay. I have had Fiero guys at Fiero shows not catch on without me telling them

Interior:
Immaculate 1986 GT interior, both seats are perfect as is the dash etc.
Stereo, it currently has an iPod compatible USB and AUX input CD player but I would like to keep it, if the potential buyer has their heart set on it, I can include it.

Other than the above here are some:

Good: gets 7.5-8l per 100 hwy and about 8.5 to 9.5 mixed, is fast as hell and has been reliable for me. Everything on the car works; I replaced the trunk lock with a new one and have replaced the headlight motors. Car was tested against a friends 3400 swap which ran 14.2 and pulled on it on a regular basis.

Bad: The tune is good but not perfect; it is tuned to run on 91 octane and runs great with the exception of the odd random idle/stall when at a stoplight. This can be remedied with a 75 dollar chip a member sells on here, thumpr who along with spookything helped build this car has version 1.0 of this swap and has replaced his chip with that one and has had no issues with stalling since then.
To be a show car (everything else is done) the car needs a paint job, the paint on it is 9-10 ish years old and some of the panels of the coupe were kept and modified to use the GT skirts.
May need new rear tires (due to age)
Needs a new slave cylinder, the spec stage 3 is starting to be too much for the old one.

Please no trades or dreamers, I have 7 other cars and a boat, and I am trying to drastically reduce that number.

LINK TO BUILD PICS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:59 am 
Fieronut

sbc wrote:

I get 5% of sale price every time this link it clicked :mrgreen: (royalties) :lol: ;)

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:12 am 
Creator of the SBC Fiero

Dang better take it down hahahaha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:25 pm 
Addict

It's about time you thinned the herd!!! I finally realized I can only drive one at a time :)

Give me a shout

Peter