G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1987 or 1988 GT wanted
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 pm 
Gold Member

Looking for a low km 87 or 88 GT. Preferably with saddle interior and 5 speed but I am open to others if mint. Also consider 3800 swaps if mint. Needs to be as all original as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:03 pm 
Addict

What's your budget? A clean swapped car that is not rusted and is accident free will be $9k plus

A good, original 88 GT will be around 6-7k for one that has not been ruined by being driven in the winter. I know of a few around if you are serious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:21 am 
Gold Member

Price range is open. Just looking for the right one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:49 pm 
Addict

how about a 3800SC/F23 88 formula

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:23 pm 

Hello I saw your post of google and I think I have what you need. I am selling my 88 Gt, 5 speed, leather interior and sunroof, only 55,500 miles!! Car is 100% original (except for a new EGR tube from the Fiero store). Contact me if you still want a Fiero.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:39 pm 
Gold Member

hey I've emailed and PM'd you. can you pls send me some pictures and details.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:15 am 
Gold Member

cam-a-lot wrote:
What's your budget? A clean swapped car that is not rusted and is accident free will be $9k plus

A good, original 88 GT will be around 6-7k for one that has not been ruined by being driven in the winter. I know of a few around if you are serious

who do you know that has an 88 for 6 to 7k? I cant find a decent one anywhere for that price, especially with the US dollar right now? best I can find is a really mint 87 gt in QC with 64000km on it, has everything except AC for 8k. My biggest problem is I want one with saddle interior so its hard to find.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:02 pm 
Addict

I have seen a couple recently, but did not know you were still looking. Mine is mint and available, but it needs certain items that I detailed to you. The new trans and engine mounts are almost ready viewtopic.php?f=5&t=759 , but it will still need a proper exhaust, AC line replacement, (I have the line) and I would move the fuel line to a proper position away from the EGR valve, and do a better job of routing the wiring harness and ignition wires. I do have the original exhaust manifolds available for the 3800 which would likely be an easier solution than the headers currently on there. It also needs a proper intake tube- the one put on there by the the guy who did my swap is a pathetic joke literally held together by electrical tape. I wish I was kidding. I totally won this competition :) http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095492.html . I have long ago fixed the coolant hose problems, wiring harness interference problems, and loose bolts and other issues from the initial swap, with help from some members of the forum here.

The tranny and engine are perfect and have very low KM.

Alternatively, if you want a perfectly swapped car in great condition, buy the 88 for sale just north of me (RULOOKIN's old car.) He did a really nice job of swapping it, and the car is in great condition, as good or better than mine. It is no longer on Kijiji, but it is close to my house and I can find out for you if it is still for sale. It is a gorgeous car except for the teenage ricer tailpipes which look like they were designed to launch watermelons into orbit... Easy to fix :D