G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:37 pm 
Addict

WTB F40/ F35, Cobalt SS or Saab 9-5, intermediate jackshaft, if someone has an extra one laying around.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:26 am 
Single again

Hey Rob.

I don't have one to offer but I'm hoping to slip out to the pick and pull yard over the Christmas holidays. I'll keep an eye out and if I see one, I'll get it for you. Keep you fingers crossed! I smell a F40 swap coming up...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:54 pm 
Addict

I picked up a SAAB 9-5 jack shaft from a wreckers back in the spring that had two more will see if I can find the name of the wreckers again, if I remember correctly it was some where near Listowel ON

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:16 am 
Addict

Thanks, just to update, Yes doing the F40 swap Thursday I ordered a brand new OEM intermediate shaft on E-Bay. I bought a new F40 from Joe a couple years ago, about a month ago I bought a set of the stage 2, 4340 outer axles from The Driveshaft Shop for the 05-07 Cobalt S.S. Outer axles. I just bought the aluminum flywheel and stage 3+ clutch, modified htob from Spec, the flywheel still needs to be balance matched to my flex plate. Flywheel bolts are on order, Monday I'm going to call Quaife about the two different part numbers listed for the LSD. Order cable from Rodney, half a dozen other things, fluid etc. I've been reading up on this swap for a very long time and looking forward to a 6th gear flat out top speed run alongside something very expensive driven by an asshole !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:28 pm 
Addict

The F40 does work real nice with the 3800SC engine but takes a little getting used to with the shifter being very close from gear to gear when shifting. California Push Pull sells real nice shifter cables with the shifter cable longer then stock to reach to make it a lot easier to make the brackets at the tranny end for shifting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:08 am 
Addict

Thanks Dan, Rodney has it available. http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=341

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:10 pm 
Addict

I have had three of Rodney's cables break in the last two years two on F23 swaps and one on an F40 swap, in all three cases the cables were replaced with push pull ones and worked just fine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:56 pm 
Addict

Dan did they give you a reference number for a cable ? Did you use a 4 spd. Shifter or a 5 speed ? I have a couple extra 4 speed shifters and two 5 speed shifters that are installed in my cars right now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:06 pm 
Addict

I prefer to use the five speed shifter as the 4 speed with its detent for reverse makes getting first gear more difficult and the cables are the shift cable for the F23 in a Fiero and the stock Fiero Getrag 5 speed select cable. You can also get the shift cable in longer lengths if desired. Will see if I can find the part numbers if not pretty sure they are on the web site. The F23 cable works perfectly on the F40