G.T. Fieros

Greater Toronto Fieros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oshawa Autofest
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:22 am 
Fieronut

Oshawa Autofest has been a long time running show now and usually a big event. They used to have an age restriction around 1974 for vehicles but the past few years they have changed that. They made it 30 & older so this year anything 1986 & older can enter the show. Over the past few years they also added other "side shows" you can say in the main show. They stated off with the "Up High, Down Low" truck nationals, then they added "Muscle Mania" which is open to all years of muscle cars. And there is "Old Skool Reunion" This year they are adding "TunerFest". I was talking to the two reps from the show and with the new addition, we could get ALL years of Fieros into this event. They were also impressed with the two Fieros we had at GrassRoots 8-)

Mind you in a couple of years, all Fiero would be available anyways but wonder if anyone would be interested in doing this event in Oshawa this year?

It's a three day event; On Friday, they shut down downtown Oshawa for Kars on King where the cars line up downtown for the evening. Live entertainment and it's one huge car meet. AutoFest doesn't run this part of the event, but they do support it. It's like Classics on Kent in Lindsay, but it's in Oshawa

Saturday & Sunday 7am - 5pm is the car show down at Lakeview Park in Oshawa. There looks like a lot of events going on during the show.

If anyone is interested, say something now please. pre-reg is $30 before August 3rd after that is goes up to $45. I'm intested in going to the show but would like to see if we can get a good size group to commit to this. Show everyone the Fiero Community is still alive! 8-)

http://www.autofestoshawa.com/index.htm

8-)

Post subject: Re: Oshawa Autofest
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:37 am 
Addict

Sorry I will not be in town.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:38 am 
Fieronut

Hello again.

Anyone else interested in attending this show? Luke & Myself have already pre-registered for the event. We will be participating in the "TunerFest" part of the show. Ian who is organizing this part of the show has set up an online registration.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... arams=true

If you have facebook, you can search Tunerfest for the page also to find more info.

8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:48 pm 
Gold Member

Don't you mean anything from 1987 and older?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm 
Fieronut

jjd2296 wrote:
Don't you mean anything from 1987 and older?

No not really, if you look at when the original post was made ;) Last year in July, I just updated the pre reg cut off on it. :mrgreen:
This year is 1987 and older for the main show, since Lukes car is an 88, we will be in the Tunerfest part of the show. Technically we could enter any year under Muscle Mania too but trying to help a friend get his part of the show up and running. Take a couple of years till he sees a steady flow probably.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:04 pm 
Gold Member

Gottcha I missed that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:55 pm 

If my car was running id be down to go :/ probably next year...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 am 

Went to the 2018 edition of this show this weekend. Didn't participate, although I did drive my Fiero there and it got plenty of attention in the parking lot. Didn't see any Fieros in the show itself. I did see many newer cars in the show though, Corvettes, Cameros, etc, so I don't know whats up with that 30 year old rule. Pretty decent selection of cars though, mostly 50s, 60,s and 70s. All cars seemed to be heavy on the horsepower and loud, so I'm not sure how my 2.5 Fiero would have been appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:01 pm 
Fieronut

andreww wrote:
Went to the 2018 edition of this show this weekend. Didn't participate, although I did drive my Fiero there and it got plenty of attention in the parking lot. Didn't see any Fieros in the show itself. I did see many newer cars in the show though, Corvettes, Cameros, etc, so I don't know whats up with that 30 year old rule. Pretty decent selection of cars though, mostly 50s, 60,s and 70s. All cars seemed to be heavy on the horsepower and loud, so I'm not sure how my 2.5 Fiero would have been appreciated.

I attended Northern Showdown this year and couple other owners we busy with life this past weekend, so no presence this year :(

See what happens next year ;)

As for the newer cars there, there are a few shows in the bigger show, Tunerfest brings out exactly what it says, the Tuner side of show cars, and there is Muscle car show which allows the newer muscle cars in it. They are normally set apart from the actual Autofest show field.

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:07 am 

x-thumpr-x wrote:
andreww wrote:

I attended Northern Showdown this year and couple other owners we busy with life this past weekend, so no presence this year :(

See what happens next year ;)

As for the newer cars there, there are a few shows in the bigger show, Tunerfest brings out exactly what it says, the Tuner side of show cars, and there is Muscle car show which allows the newer muscle cars in it. They are normally set apart from the actual Autofest show field.

Wouldn't say 100% that there was no Fiero representation as I went very early on Saturday and was out before 11:00. As I was leaving there was still a ton of show cars coming down Simcoe, so you never know. Anyway, I was blown away by the Ring Brothers Javelin and Pantera. Sick cars. Aside from that there was a lot of 70's muscle that was very cool to look at. %0's cars are also a treat to look at with their chrome and wings. Probably the outcast of the show was a VW Thing. Very cool to see one of those again!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 am 

I had actually planned on going but I was asked last minute to pit crew for a NASCAR truck team at Mosport (or as the new kids call it Canadian tire motorsport park). It's is a pretty big show and nice location. Next year.